Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 May 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Beebops
Being a bit Goofy

Anyone used Ocean Florida?

Just been given so great quotes from Ocean Florida for a 21 night, self catering break for 2022.

Has anyone used them before? Any good? Anything bad?

Really tempted to use them as only ever used Virgin Holidays but the prices are so much better for us. 🙂
Beebops is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
delboybloomer
Getting Excited

Have used them twice before (and am booked again for this years trip) I have always had positive experience with nice houses, not to far from disney etc. lots of people report they are not as flexible as some of the other companies but there are also lots of people who have had issues with virgin etc...
November 2013 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
Aug 2008 & Dec 2009 - Best Western lakeside,
delboybloomer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

I don’t have any personal experience but a friend of mine lost £2k with them over covid. I’m not sure the ins and outs of their situation but they are avoiding them next time they book.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Beebops
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by delboybloomer View Post
Have used them twice before (and am booked again for this years trip) I have always had positive experience with nice houses, not to far from disney etc. lots of people report they are not as flexible as some of the other companies but there are also lots of people who have had issues with virgin etc...
Thank you, still want to do some more research on them before we make a decision.
Old 12 May 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Beebops
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Slore View Post
I don’t have any personal experience but a friend of mine lost £2k with them over covid. I’m not sure the ins and outs of their situation but they are avoiding them next time they book.
Thank you, thats awful losing that amount of money.
I did ask where do we stand on Covid, and was told if international travel is stopped then they would work with us to transfer our booking or offer us a refund. What i want to do is see if i can find it printed in there t&c's so still have a lot more digging to do.
Its a shame now that nothing is ever guaranteed 😕
Old 12 May 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Can only go on our pre covid trips with them.

No issues at all with great customer service. Villas exceeded expectations.
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
rsbrowndog
Proud to wear my Ears

No issues here having used them twice. Be aware that there are a lot of things they charge extra for. If you want a villa in a specific community, that's an extra charge. If you want a specific villa, extra charge. If you want a villa with a hot tub instead of a games room... extra charge!

Having said that though I've always found the staff to be really pleasant and efficient to deal with and prices are (in my limited experience) lower than other places so perhaps that's where all those extra charges come from.

I enquired with them last month thinking about 2022 and I made sure to ask what would happen in the case of further outbreaks, etc. and was told in no uncertain terms that I could get a full refund. So I'm surprised (and concerned) to hear people have had very different experiences - would love to hear more. Especially if someone completely lost thousands of pounds, not just that there was a delay in refunding!
Old 14 May 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

We are booked with them were meant to be going this July for 3 week's moved to next year.
Great service and better price than virgin and other holiday companies.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
delboybloomer
Getting Excited

Will just add, we had been bumped to the later flights (as virgin consolidate flights) and they have just changed them to earlier flights. all it took was two emails to sort out..
November 2013 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
Aug 2008 & Dec 2009 - Best Western lakeside,
delboybloomer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Haven't booked with them but have had quotes from them and found them to have overly aggressive sales tactics to the point I had to tell them to stop harassing me. I don't like the fact they're offering holidays so far in the future too when they couldn't possibly be giving accurate quotes to people, it's preying on people who possibly don't know any better.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List