Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 May 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ali-s View Post
No way am I wearing a mask for 12+ hours, 30 minutes in the supermarket is enough for me. I've been thinking about a back up plan for November if South Africa is off the cards, but won't be flying anywhere if we still have to wear masks.

You will be wearing one for at least 12 hours if you go to the USA in 2021. 3 hours at the airport and 9 hours on the flight.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm happy to wear a mask on the plane if needed and also if i've got any hint of a cold I would likely wear one. I've spent a lot of time in Japan and mask wearing when you're under the weather is normal over there and I've done it a lot as well.
I'm very much live and let live, if people don't want to wear them, then fine and if people do then also fine. I'm glad the US are moving to outside being mask free like we have over here which will make Florida a lot more bearable for sure.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Funny - masks are not an issue for me, but compulsory tests are a red line. For other it's the other way round. Odd.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
sha9 you're correct, but hypothetically if the rules changed would you?
Yes if the rules changed I would trust that they had followed the science.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Craftylee View Post
My understanding is that the mask is to help reduce the chance of YOU spreading the virus, rather than doing anything to help reduce the chances of catching it from others. Unless you have a high quality filtering mask like N95. So even after the vaccine you can still carry the virus right? So I’d imagine masks will be mandatory for a while yet unfortunately
There’s more and more evidence that being fully vaccinated reduces transmission. If it reduces transmission enough and more people get vaccinated then illness severity will be reduced.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
At the moment I think not as America seems to be unmasking right now and unless there's some terrible setback I think the genie won't be easily put back in the bottle. I saw the Speaker of the House on CNN last night maskless for the first time since last March and they showed a clip of her saying she's attending some sporting event in her home district this weekend so when even the most cautious leaders are moving away from masks and returning to events I have a hard time seeing them coming back.
Close friend of mine works for a NASCAR team , they’ve all been told as of this weekend no masks are required in the pit and garage areas .

I think masks are very much soon going to be a thing of the past in the USA .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Act1980, I'm not sure if I will or not; I think it would depend how many others on the flight were mask free.
But I totally agree with you we have to get back to living our lives as we used to do.
Totally understand. I think a lot of people will lack the confidence to go maskless because we've been conditioned to live like this for so long. We need to remember that we have 0% chance of serious illness or death once vaccinated and the likelihood of transmitting the virus is very low.

I think I may just burn my masks when the time comes!
Old 14 May 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Let's be honest you can get around wearing the mask for 9 hours on the plane just by having snacks and drink
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Once all this is done I think I'll probably still wear a mask on a plane. Why? I've spent the first week of a holiday dying a death with a cold more times than I want to have done.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Again it's that "just get me to Orlando" mentality for me. If I have to wear a mask on the plane, so be it.

There is the argument that actually planes are incredibly safe places for air quality...that is until the person behind you sneezes over the top of their seat!

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List