Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 May 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Heathrow - Which Terminal?

Hoping to fly to Orlando in August but Virgin are currently flying from T2. Whats the likelihood of this changing to T3 beforehand?

Reason I'm asking is because I haven't booked airport parking yet as I don't know what terminal to book. Virgin obviously fly from Gatwick normally but I can't see them going back there for a while yet. If travel picks up then surely there won't be enough slots at T2 which will mean they'll have to move? What are others doing?
Old 16 May 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Too early to say, presume it depends on if and when we can leave the UK and allowed into the US.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I use a Meet & Greet Company so just have bookings and will ring up and advise them of which Terminal nearer the time.

Their prices are the same whatever Terminal is used.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Personally regarding parking, I wouldn't be concerning myself too much about which terminal. I'm usually looking for the cheapest option. Getting from parking to a terminal is not too much of an issue and then you can easily move between terminals.
You're looking at either T2 or T3 but I suspect Virgin aren't yet 100% sure if they'll switch or when ... !
Old 16 May 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Hill_10
Trying for More Ears

I think Virgin and Delta are planning to move back to T3 as soon as they can.
The two terminals are next door to each other and connected by tunnels so you could book parking at T3 and if they don’t move it is only a short walk between them. The Heathrow long stay car park for T2 and T3 is the same car park so that is an option.
Old 16 May 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
gavmat
Getting to know the DIBB

gavmat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm working at Heathrow right now and as far as I know Virgin and Delta are moving back to T3 1st week of June, subject to change though I suppose!
gavmat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

We fly September 20th 🤞🤞 and I think its T2 we have just booked the holiday in on bath road as we can park there to for the duration of our trip so will just jump on the bus to T2 or T3 if they switch x
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

We were supposed to be going to the Maldives in June. All our emails from Emirates said we were flying from T2. The last lot of paperwork was emailed to us 3 days before the latest red list was announced and contained our etickets and the advice that we were now flying from T3, so I guess Emirates were planning on moving in June.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Donnalou36
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m Virgin in August and my booking says T3. So it’s possible it will change from T2. You can check departures on Heathrow website it will give you the terminal. X
Donnalou36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gavmat View Post
I'm working at Heathrow right now and as far as I know Virgin and Delta are moving back to T3 1st week of June, subject to change though I suppose!
Thanks for this! Really hoping I can use the Virgin clubhouse 🤞🏼