Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 May 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mjmsmm
New Poster (2)

Where to start!?!?

Hi all. New to the forum so please accept my apologies for what will have no doubt been discussed many times before...

I am looking at booking Florida, Disney, in October 2022 for myself, wife, 2 kids who will be 12 and 7, and also my dad. So 3 adults and 2 kids.

Has anyone travelled in a group like this before and stayed in a Disney hotel?

We have never been to Florida before so are pretty new to all this, so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
mjmsmm is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Hello welcome to the Dibb!

It's a very friendly and informative site.

I'm sure you'll get people giving loads of specific information, but a good starting point for you would be trip reports.

This is the index page for the WDW and Florida trip reports and there will be loads of information in there.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88

Also have a look at the Florida planning page which has loads of information listed under various sub headings like accommodation, transport, general planning etc.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

As you read more you'll probably get more questions and there's always people to help you.

Happy planning!
Old 16 May 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Hello welcome to the Dibb!

It's a very friendly and informative site.

I'm sure you'll get people giving loads of specific information, but a good starting point for you would be trip reports.

This is the index page for the WDW and Florida trip reports and there will be loads of information in there.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88

Also have a look at the Florida planning page which has loads of information listed under various sub headings like accommodation, transport, general planning etc.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

As you read more you'll probably get more questions and there's always people to help you.

Happy planning!
Welcome to the Dibb mjmsmm - and that's a great starting point posted by tocpe321 to start you off on your planning journey.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Welcome... Read as much as you can and ask away.

Half the fun is the planning

What Disney hotels did you have mind
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mjmsmm
New Poster (2)

I don't know, we are open. Not sure if any do suites or if we will have to get 2 rooms. Any recommendations welcome..
mjmsmm is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mjmsmm View Post
I don't know, we are open. Not sure if any do suites or if we will have to get 2 rooms. Any recommendations welcome..
Personally I'd have two rooms
Much also depends on budget
Art of animation do suites. So do some of the higher end resorts

Go on the WDW site and spend some time looking at the different resorts in offer and see which ones appeal and suit your needs.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Think I would start by looking at onsite vs offsite as we are all different and like different things so you will find pros cons for both on this forum.
If you want to be in the bubble do you want two rooms? Look at prices to see what fits your budget etc
If you go offsite you could have a villa but most likely need to drive etc.

Welcome to dibb

I agree with tink ask loads of questions even if you think they might be silly someone on here always knows the answer and half the fun is planning.

Do the kids know? If the do let them help you plan. If not ask they seemingly random questions nearer to the time like “oh I’ve seen this ride at Alton towers what do you think” find a comparable ride to a Disney one and that can give you an idea of what they will ride.
Or I asked my girls who their top 3 princesses were and then I made sure the met them as you might not do everything in the parks.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List