Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Jan 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Allisonjane View Post
Do you think it must be a south facing pool?
Would a west or east facing pool get very much sun?
We have a North facing pool and get sun on the pool deck all day even during the winter months. It sometimes depends on what is located around the villa in terms of casting shadows and also if the villa is single or two storey. Often a two storey property will cast a big shadow on the pool area.

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Just to throw in my 2 cents with regards to the villa pool - we had a pool last February, it got sunshine all day, and it was still FREEZING cold. There's no way you could have swam in it without the pool heating on. We choose not to pay the extra $35 a day for it, and instead used the Windsor Hills Community Pool (which is heated and was lovely). I think pool heating may be a necessity in the winter months no matter how much sun the pool gets?
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
Just to throw in my 2 cents with regards to the villa pool - we had a pool last February, it got sunshine all day, and it was still FREEZING cold. There's no way you could have swam in it without the pool heating on. We choose not to pay the extra $35 a day for it, and instead used the Windsor Hills Community Pool (which is heated and was lovely). I think pool heating may be a necessity in the winter months no matter how much sun the pool gets?
We always advise that pool heating is recommend between the months of October to April as it can get pretty chilly. I remember one year in January we had frost!

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Pixiebelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
Ohhh pool heat is essential in December, but if your pool deck is in the shade it's not pleasant getting out of the pool.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I've done both and now prefer being onsite. I like the immersive experience and not having to waste holiday time travelling to and from the villa. We own DVC at Copper Creek so I have booked us 2 weeks there for Christmas and New Year. If the parks are busy we can just dip in and out and quickly and easily get back to the resort for pool time and then head back out in the evening if we fancy it. Everyone is different but thats what works for our family 😊

If you decide to rent a villa at that time of year then definitely pay extra for pool heating, you'll need it!
Old 26 Jan 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pixiebelle View Post
We have a North facing pool and get sun on the pool deck all day even during the winter months. It sometimes depends on what is located around the villa in terms of casting shadows and also if the villa is single or two storey. Often a two storey property will cast a big shadow on the pool area.
Thank you, we will definitely pay for pool heating, I know the weather can’t be guaranteed in December but hoping to get as much sun as possible on the pool deck as my parents will be spending time there while we are at the parks, and they like sitting in the sun.
1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 all off site, 2007 Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, 2008 Cypress Pointe, 2010 Disney Magic, 2010 OKW/Rolling Hills, 2011 Pop/CBR, 2013 POFQ/Bellavida, 2015 OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, 2016 CBR, 2017 Cypress Pointe, 2018 OKW/Storey Lake, 2019 BlueTree Resort, 2019 Cypress Pointe/Tuscan Ridge, 2020 CSR, 2021 Formosa Gardens
Allisonjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Allisonjane View Post
Thank you, we will definitely pay for pool heating, I know the weather can’t be guaranteed in December but hoping to get as much sun as possible on the pool deck as my parents will be spending time there while we are at the parks, and they like sitting in the sun.
Fingers crossed that you have lovely weather. We have been in December before and the temperature was a very nice 85 degrees. It was so nice walking round in shorts and T-shirt enjoying the sunshine.

60inch TV in Living Room
40inch TV's in bedrooms

Old 26 Jan 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We always have had a villa, all thing’s going to plan we will be back to normal this year😃

It’s just so busy everywhere the villa is an oasis of calm away from the masses, I would not cope in a hotel.

Pool heat is an absolute must, to us a villa without a pool you can swim in is a waste of a villa, you also need to keep the cover on at night, we have also had frost in the morning at times.
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List