Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
QSDP 56 CS + 56 Snacks

We have taken a days rest break in our holiday and so I managed to start on my QSDP food trip report. We have done really well and taken photos of all but one of our meals.

We are finding that the portions on the CS meals are HUGE and one is enough for two of us to share. Quite often we leave the desserts for afterwards or for a sort of breakfast snack before we hit the parks in the morning. Its only on holiday in Disney that it is acceptable to eat chocolate cake or carrot cake for breakfast.

I did want to put the prices that we would have paid had we not been on the dining plan but none of the receipts show the total price.

9 Oct 2011

First Choice/Thomsons Premium
The trays came with potato salad, cheese (camembert & smoked cheddar) crackers, Onion relish and chocolate cake. The food choices were Pasta (cheese tortellini), Chicken Tarragon or Beef Strogonoff, I had the pasta and my DH had the beef. Pasta was a bit bland. DH says the beef was good but it came with peas which is a real silly thing to try and eat on the plane.

We were served an ice cream which was in a cup and it was frozen solid so had to wait for it to defrost a bit. Sorry no pic of that.

About an hour and a half before landing we had afternoon tea. A tuna mayonnaise sandwich and a cheese and pickle sandwich with a scone, jam and clotted cream. The filling on the sandwiches were very scarce so not great. The scone was good though.

Cafe Rix
Mugs
Chicken Ceasar Wrap, Strawberry Cake, Lemonade
Meatball Sub, Oreo Chocolate Cake, Iced Tea
2 CS

We were very tired by the time we got to our hotel so really did not take much notice of this meal. We shared ½ and ½. One half of the wrap got left until the next day. The next day I found it very yummy. The chicken and lettuce and parmesian is rolled in the wrap and then you have the ceasar dressing on the side.

The oreo chocolate dessert was good but the strawberry cake was really bland and had no real taste at all.

Coronado Springs Resort October 2011 - QSDP Dining Report
Art of Animation October 2013
Lil_Missy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 11, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
10 Oct 2011

AM Epcot
Sunshine Seasons
Pork Chop, Banana Cake, Chocolate Mousse Cake, Chocolate Milk, Orange Juice
2CS

This meal was HUGE. The chops were at least an inch thick. Thought it was going to be tough trying to cut it with plastic cutlery but had no problems at all. Both me and DH could not finish ours and said that we would have been fine just sharing one between us. The banana cake was yummy and my DH says the chocolate cake was great too.

Food Stand in Epcot
Frozen Banana
Soft Pretzel
2 Snacks

Never had a frozen banana before so just had to try it. All I can say is very strange LOL. It was not bad but then I cant say it was good either. Just strange. The pretzel was lovely as we only ever seem to get this sort of pretzel at disney. Bought cheese sauce for the pretzel for $1 and it was enough for the pretzel without having to be stingy on the sauce.

Pepper Market Take Away
Tuna Melt, Cheese Danish, Bottle of water
1 CS

It had been a long time since I had a tuna sandwich so thought this would be nice. It was although I only got to eat ½ of it as my DH nabbed the other ½.

Cafe Rix
Italian Cold Cuts Sandwich, Lemonade, Iced Tea
1 CS

Got this to put in the fridge as my DH was rather sleepy (jet lag) so thought he could have it when he eventually woke up. He actually ate ½ my tuna melt and chips and then picked at this the next day. The bread had gone a bit hard by then so he just ate the meats out of the middle.

Lil_Missy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 11, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
11 Oct 2011

Breakfast
Pepper Market
Breakfast Platter, Orange juice, Tea
Southwestern Omelet, Orange Juice, Tea
2 CS

This breakfast was good but it was a lot of food. The tea is not good though. No taste to it.

AM Magic Kingdom

Main Street Confectionary
Peanut Brittle
1 Snack

This was $4 so was not sure if it was a snack credit and the lady on the till was not sure as well so she tried it and YEP it went through as a snack credit. Was munching a bit of this over a few days until sadly one day the bag ripped and the brittle went falling to the floor. It was on the carpet of our hotel room so no 3 second rule there LOL.

Cosmic Rays
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, Chocolate Cake, Orange Juice (with extra Mash)
½ Rack Ribs, Carrot Cake, Orange Juice
2 CS

Before we travelled there was messages on the DIBB saying that the menu had changed so I did not know if I could get my favourite ribs from here. I was happy to find out that YEP they were still there. Great meal. My DH asked to swap his fries for mash which the lady on the till said OK and rang it through but when the meal came it had both fries and mash so we got a free mash.

Cart in MK
Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
1 Snack

This was very nice and refreshing. Not too sweet or tart. There was a lot of it though so some got left which melted into a nice drink.

Old 16 Oct 11, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
12 Oct 2011

AM Hollywood Studios

Starring Rolls Cafe
Apple Juice
Butterfinger Cupcake
Peanut Butter Cupcake
Cheesy Cheetos
4 Snacks

I been seeing lots of pics of these cupcakes and wow they looked delish. When get got them though found them very sweet and too much frosting. The peanut butter one was nicer then the other one. There was just too much to eat. The cheesy cheetos were yummy. Something else we can only eat over here so a nice treat.

Backlot Express
Onion Bacon Cheese Angus Burger, Cheesecake, Apple Juice
1 CS

This was yummy as far as burgers go. It had fried onions on it and thousand island dressing. I got some ranch dressing from the counter and dipped the bread from the bun into it. Very yummy.

Food place at the main pool Coronado Springs
Strawberry Smoohie (slushie)
OOP $5 something.

We got back from the park and the mousekeeping were in our room so we went to the pool area for a chill and a drink. I asked for a pina colada and a strawberry smoothie (was more a slushie though). The lady came back with a bit of the pina colada and said it was a bit runny and I should try it. It was very watery so I said no and asked for 2 strawberry. She came back with 2 and said I will only charge you for 1. A bit of Disney magic.

Pepper Market
Pasta with Italian Sausage, Cheese Danish, Orange Juice
1 CS

Bit fiddly to eat. Pasta was more difficult to control then spaghetti LOL. The flavouring for this came from the sausage.

Old 16 Oct 11, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
13 Oct 2011

Breakfast at Earl of Sandwich
Bacon Egg & Cheese Sandwich, Strawberry Yoghurt Parfait, Lemonade
Paid OOP about $10

Did not want to use a CS credit on such a cheap meal so paid OOP. I asked if the yoghurt was a Snack credit but she said that only things that are under $2.50 are snacks there and the yoghurt was $3.99. It was delish though. Very thick and creamy.

Food Stall in DTD
Nachos & Cheese
1 Snack

Saw this and thought it would be a nice snack credit. $4.25 so good value as well. Was surprised when the nachos came in a bag and the cheese sauce was the same as we got for the pretzel the other day.

Cafe Rix
Chicken Ceaser Wrap, Flan, Lemonade
Hot Turkey & Cheese sandwich, Chocolate Cake, Iced Tea
2 CS

Didn't get photos of this. I thought the flan was going to be like the crème caramel we get at home but it was thicker.

Hollywood Studios

Cart in Hollywood Studios
Sprite
1 Snack

Fantasmic Dinner at Hollywood & Vine
Paid OOP $101.50 inc tip

So glad we got the dinner package with the reserved seating. At about 7:10 they were announcing that Fantasmic was standing room only and we went in about 7:20 and got the last wheelchair seat. The meal was lovely. The pineapple roasted chicken was great. The salad was not so good. Dressing was watery. I had a Pina Colava drink which was pina colada swirled with raspberry sauce. It was not overly alcoholic so it was more fruity and nice.

Cart in Hollywood Studios
2 Sprite
2 Snack
Old 16 Oct 11, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
14 Oct 2011

AM Epcot

Argentina F&W
Beef Skewers
1 Snack

This was yummy.

Scandinavia F&W
Swedish Meatballs
1 Snack

China F&W
Pot Stickers
BBQ Chicken
2 Snack

The BBQ chicken was lovely but the pot stickers were meh.

As you can see these all came with sauces so dont wear a white top to the F&W festival followed by the Wishes Dessert Party.

Lotus Blossom Cafe
Orange Chicken, Apple Cinnamon Roll, Fanta Orange
1 CS
Pork Egg Rolls
Paid OOP about $4

This was nice but there was not a lot of sauce on the chicken so the rice was rather plain. We did not eat much rice. The apple cinnamon roll tasted just like an apple pie from McDonalds. A very nice meal.

Panchitos Shop Coronado Springs
Confetti Popcorn
1 Snack

This was quite a sweet popcorn. The different colours actually tasted if different flavours.

Cart Magic Kingdom
Frozen Lemonade
1 Snack

This was a bit tart. Made my face screw up LOL.

Wishes Dessert Party

These puddings were very delicious. I had seen cannolis on Cake Boss but had never had one before. They were lovely. Had a great view for wishes and the Magic Memories castle show,

Old 16 Oct 11, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Well thats it so far. I will be taking more pictures and posting them as soon as I can.
Old 16 Oct 11, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Brilliant report! All your food choices look so nice, I am so tempted by the dining plan again I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 11, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

What a fantastic review! Great photos and loads of detail - really great read. Enjoy the rest of your holiday!
Old 16 Oct 11, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Fantastic review. DH and I are just debating about next year, and this had definitely given Coronado and Quick Service dining a boost in the discussions!
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List