Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 5 Jan 18, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamingdisney
Excited about Disney

Copenhagen

I’m aking my auntie to Copenhagen at the end of October for her 50th however neither of us have visited before. I was looking for hotel suggestions, the best areas to stay in and what we should do in the 3 days we’ll have free? The only place we need to be so far is the Opera House one evening.

Thanks
dreamingdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We were there a couple of years ago for a cruise and stayed at the Tivoli Hotel which suited us. We did a canal tour and Tivoli Gardens which we all really enjoyed. We also took the train to Malmo, Sweden which was really easy to do and an enjoyable afternoon.

Edited at 06:47 PM.
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

We went in early December - it is a beautiful city and I want to go back soon! I keep meaning to start a trip report!

We stayed at the Hotel Alexandra which was near Tivoli Gardens and is at the end of Stroget which is the main shopping street. You can walk down Stroget all the way to Nyhavns.

Tivoli Gardens is open for its Halloween season between 12 Oct and 4 Nov. Tivoli was one of the places that inspired Walt Disney after he visited - we went in the evening and it was magical all lit for Christmas.

We also did a canal boat trip which we got on at Nyhavns which was very informative and gave our feet a rest as we walked a lot. On the trip we saw the back of the Little Mermaid statue which is much smaller than we expected!

We also went to the top of the Rundetaarn (Round Tower) - this is nearly all a slope inside - there's just a little bit at the top that is a narrow spiral staircase before you come out onto the viewing platform.

Id also recommend visiting Rosenborg Castle - if you time it right you can see the palace guards who march through the streets of Copenhagen between Amalienborg Palace and Rosenborg.

Hope that helps a bit.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

I went last February and am going back in September. I loved it. Here’s a link to my TR

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1#post12317301
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamingdisney
Excited about Disney

Thanks so much for your responses, away to look at those hotels and read your trippy Charly!
dreamingdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamingdisney
Excited about Disney

Charly your report was really helpful, would you happen to remember what hotel you stayed at? Thanks
Old 6 Jan 18, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
wintersun
Apprentice Imagineer

wintersun's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
We were there early December and loved it. We stayed at an Ibsen Hitel, Vendersged 23. Lovely hotel with breakfast included. We went to Malmo to see ice hockey, very easy train trip. We also went to see The Nutcracker Ballet. Canal boat trip and a trip to see The Little Mermaid. However, much as we are enjoyed our trip, watch out for pickpockets. We were in the lift at The Metro Station, guy gets in, bumps into me and then coughs all over me (distraction techniques). Anyway we get out lift at street level, get our bearings all the while this guy still hanging about. We cross the street he is walking right behind me. She calls out to me and we stop to discover my backpack unzipped. He had not managed to get anything. I think we stopped him. At this point he moved to the side and dropped down feigning pain before disappearing. This did not stop us enjoying our trip and would go again. There are thieves everywhere.
wintersun is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dreamingdisney View Post
Charly your report was really helpful, would you happen to remember what hotel you stayed at? Thanks
Yes I stayed at the savoy hotel.
savoyhotel.dk/?lang=en
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Hi - we went to Copenhagen in March of last year for a couple of days, the flights from Edinburgh were dirt cheap so we thought why not!

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Vesterbro, which was fine (nothing special but included breakfast buffet) mainly as it was a few mins walk from the train station.

We did the hop on / off tour, canal boat tour and just walked around a lot - it was very nice and we enjoyed it.

We are going back in May this year again, but not staying at the same hotel as it has gone very expensive, but staying at Gammeltorv apartments. Then doing a few days in Malmo as we love it there too.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We stayed at the Adina- an aparthotel. Is a bit outside the centre but has a pool and jacuzzi. Would definitely stay there again. Really like Copenhagen. Not cheap but v friendly - locals went out of their way to help us a couple of times, once when we were looking at a train departure board, when a passerby just asked if we needed any help! Was a few years ago now but we bought "copenhagen card"which was good value for transport and museum etc entry.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List