Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Oct 18, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Love Dubai! Going in 2 weeks and can't wait!
The culture is fine if you think about what you do and are respectful. The only thing we did that we wouldn't normally when abroad was cover up a bit more when we went out of the hotel.
We upgrade to club level and have drinks for the room.
The cost of drinks is just like anything else, you build it into the holiday cost. Saying it would put you off is like saying you wouldn't go to Disney because of parking costs!
We don't drink much anyway so the club early evening drinks and a drink with our meal is enough for us
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Hope you have a fab time. Somewhere new and so much expectation ... not surprised you are anxious. I am sure it will be brilliant. Relax and enjoy !

We are off soon. I’m a bit nervous as it’s new for us too. I’ve overbought dresses ( any excuse) in case I get the dress code wrong and I’m planning our days to make sure we max out the club lounge perks. It’s almost as bad as a Disney trip for precise timings.

But on reading other Dibbers comments I am also completely looking forward to indulging myself and soaking up the delights of somewhere new.

Have a fabulous time !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are going Friday for the first time. I’m a bit apprehensive too as we’ve not been to that part of the world before. Mainly though I’m too busy and knackered to worry about anything apart from how I’ll get all my work done on time and when I’ll pack!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

Aw thanx everyone. We have upgraded to club, more for the laundry then the drinks 😂
I’m feeling much better about the trip now I’ve started packing and chatting to the girls. I hope everyone else who is going has a lovely time 💞
We have lots planned, going to Abu Dhabi, horse riding at sunset and bubbalicious brunch. Looking forward to chilling out with the girls too!
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

You will have a wonderful time. Although I prefer Abu Dhabi now (I fell in love with the Yas Viceroy lol or Yas hotel as it’s now known) Dubai is beautiful and I have never felt unsafe there and have always traveled as a single parent. You will love the brunch, that’s a great one you’ve chosen. If your into F1 at all, you may want to do the track tour of the Yas track. We loved it last year.

I must say, I’m extremely jealous. We are off to Turkey on Saturday for the first time and I feel slightly apprehensive, especially now it’s gonna rain for the entire week You won’t get that in Dubai
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
G54321
Excited about Disney

Hope you have a fab time. We visited for the first time in March and would not hesitate to go back. Yes it is expensive I can’t deny that. We had some good tips and took in a bottle of gin and some champagne from duty free which we enjoyed sitting on our balcony before dinner each night. We also bought some beer at the airport duty free shop which was another great tip. We stayed HB and each evening for a beer, glass of wine and bottle of water we paid about £35. Hotel was fabulous and weather was lovely. We had a really relaxing break which is what we wanted. Did afternoon tea at Burj Khalifa and the open top bus tour which we really enjoyed.
G54321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by charly77 View Post
Aw thanx everyone. We have upgraded to club, more for the laundry then the drinks 😂
I’m feeling much better about the trip now I’ve started packing and chatting to the girls. I hope everyone else who is going has a lovely time 💞
We have lots planned, going to Abu Dhabi, horse riding at sunset and bubbalicious brunch. Looking forward to chilling out with the girls too!
Bubbalicious Brunch is my favourite! (I’ve done quite a few 😂&#129346
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
Love Dubai! Going in 2 weeks and can't wait!
The culture is fine if you think about what you do and are respectful. The only thing we did that we wouldn't normally when abroad was cover up a bit more when we went out of the hotel.
We upgrade to club level and have drinks for the room.
The cost of drinks is just like anything else, you build it into the holiday cost. Saying it would put you off is like saying you wouldn't go to Disney because of parking costs!
We don't drink much anyway so the club early evening drinks and a drink with our meal is enough for us
sounds like even with the new disney parking cost $25 that wouldnt buy a couple of drinks ...

was more the drinking duty free in your room because of the cost that wouldnt appeal to me

each to their own, the desert safari trips look great & i would love to have a go on the Al Qudra cycle track into the desert

maybe one day
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by G54321 View Post
Hope you have a fab time. We visited for the first time in March and would not hesitate to go back. Yes it is expensive I can’t deny that. We had some good tips and took in a bottle of gin and some champagne from duty free which we enjoyed sitting on our balcony before dinner each night. We also bought some beer at the airport duty free shop which was another great tip. We stayed HB and each evening for a beer, glass of wine and bottle of water we paid about £35. Hotel was fabulous and weather was lovely. We had a really relaxing break which is what we wanted. Did afternoon tea at Burj Khalifa and the open top bus tour which we really enjoyed.
Wow!
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List