Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Aug 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I don’t know what’s going to happen as dd wants us both to take her to move her in. Dh to lug it up and put up pics and her tapestry and me to make sure everything is clean and looking nice. We were told only one person is allowed.

She will have to choose between the lugger or the cleaner then
Good to hear uni are setting good practices for distancing from the start . Means you know she’ll be safer.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
TinksandFlynn
Excited about Disney

Ds is staying at home for uni and commuting in so we are not really doing anything. It feels as though we should be. I do worry a little that he will be missing out but it was his choice and he is really happy about it. Good luck to all who are moving, it sounds exciting and scary all at the same time
TinksandFlynn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by TinksandFlynn View Post
Ds is staying at home for uni and commuting in so we are not really doing anything. It feels as though we should be. I do worry a little that he will be missing out but it was his choice and he is really happy about it. Good luck to all who are moving, it sounds exciting and scary all at the same time
My son is currently on the waiting list for accommodation, as he changed his uni in clearing.
Like you I worry he will miss out on the whole experience, plus wont make many friends.
He also has a 1 hr 20 commute.
I was preparing him for moving up to preston, but he preferred the degree at edgehill.

Good luck to your ds.

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by caj View Post
Rubbish bin? Clothes airer? Recognisable crockery x2?

Credits for washing machine?
We got our daughter a heated clothes airer as the uni tumble dryers were expensive and never managed to fully dry her clothes.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by dizzzy View Post
We got our daughter a heated clothes airer as the uni tumble dryers were expensive and never managed to fully dry her clothes.
Just so you know though, heated Clothes airers are on the list as not allowed as they are fire hazards .
Just thought it was important to put in there incase some one buys one and it’s taken away .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Eeyore rocks View Post
I know my friend done this for her daughter...it’s an Asda Parent Student Gift card...you keep one half, and give the student the other half...then you can top it up. 🙂 (Her daughter also went to Southampton Uni.)

cards.asda/student-parent-card
I saw this and thought it was a good idea then I thought, but if I put £30 on it she has to spend it in ASDA where as if I put £30 in her bank account it can be spent anywhere.

Given ASDA has plenty of wine/spirits for sale and loads of clothes/household stuff it doesn't mean it will get spent on food so may as well give her the choice
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Have a look at this, it's got lots of suggestions - thestudentroom/uni...sity-checklist
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by TinksandFlynn View Post
My son now 24 stayed at home for the first year and made loads of friends, he also had more money than his friends. After a while he stayed in his friends room in halls while his friend was with his GF, then he got a GF and stayed with her. Then second year and third year he moved out a shared a house with three others. He was out wit his old housemate on wednesday and meeting up with him on Saturday! It will all work out x
Old 28 Aug 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by madhatter3 View Post
My son is currently on the waiting list for accommodation, as he changed his uni in clearing.
Like you I worry he will miss out on the whole experience, plus wont make many friends.
He also has a 1 hr 20 commute.
I was preparing him for moving up to preston, but he preferred the degree at edgehill.

Good luck to your ds.
DD went to Edgehill and DS is just going into his 3rd year there too. What is your DS going to study? There is some nice off-site private accommodation if that’s an option. On-site halls are fab though 👍
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Just so you know though, heated Clothes airers are on the list as not allowed as they are fire hazards .
Just thought it was important to put in there incase some one buys one and it’s taken away .
Oh really, it wasn’t on the list at my daughters accommodation. Thanks for saying though as I’d hate for someone to get one and not be able to use it.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List