Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 22 Dec 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am a sucker for an afternoon tea, that looks lovely!

I am in awe of everyone's mince pies with the decorative pastry, I could never do that! Shop bought only for us I am afraid.

We had our Christmas dinner tonight as I'll be at my mum's on the big day itself. Star of the show was the glazed carrots from Jamie Oliver's Christmas book, so good.

I am exhausted now!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

All this food is making me seriously hungry! Doesn’t help that I skipped dinner as had a late lunch 😳

The cookies are amazing aren’t they Abby, I have a feeling the recipe is from a kids cookbook but can’t remember exactly. I’m glad you made them though. The ice cream cookie sandwich idea is brilliant!

My offering for today is Millionaires Shortbread. I forgot to take a photo before I cut it up, I haven’t quite mastered cutting it in a straight line without it breaking. Tastes good though!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I LOVE Millionaires Shortbread!

I wanted to make some but my food shop had already cost quite enough without adding any more ingredients so M&S will have to do instead.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I LOVE Millionaires Shortbread!

I wanted to make some but my food shop had already cost quite enough without adding any more ingredients so M&S will have to do instead.
Oh god so do I! So I didn’t say in my post that I may or may not have already eaten 2 squares plus I scraped (and I mean I left not a morsel) the pan of the caramel - hence no dinner 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Loving this thread! I miss food reports so much, but this is as good! I made some Mickey Christmas shortbreads the other day, they are yummy if I do say so myself 🙂

Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
I am working till Xmas eve so I will spend my time planning and sourcing ingredients for menus from Xmas eve tea. I’ve already got lots of inspiration from here.

This is a cheat as I didn’t make it myself but here is the takeaway festive tea I had with my mum yesterday. It was delicious 😋

That afternoon tea looks so cute. I'm glad it tasted as good as it looked.

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
These bakes are great, so many ideas. We spent most of the weekend baking but tomorrow is the final batch, most importantly the dessert for Friday - strawberry shortcake cheesecake, essentially a red velvet cake and a new york cheesecake layered together covered with cream cheese frosting and strawberry shortcake crumbles. Lush.
Please share a photo as strawberry shortcake cheesecake sounds delicious.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I am a sucker for an afternoon tea, that looks lovely!

I am in awe of everyone's mince pies with the decorative pastry, I could never do that! Shop bought only for us I am afraid.

We had our Christmas dinner tonight as I'll be at my mum's on the big day itself. Star of the show was the glazed carrots from Jamie Oliver's Christmas book, so good.

I am exhausted now!
The cheesy sprouts look good, in fact it all looks good! You must be exhausted.

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
All this food is making me seriously hungry! Doesn’t help that I skipped dinner as had a late lunch 😳

The cookies are amazing aren’t they Abby, I have a feeling the recipe is from a kids cookbook but can’t remember exactly. I’m glad you made them though. The ice cream cookie sandwich idea is brilliant!

My offering for today is Millionaires Shortbread. I forgot to take a photo before I cut it up, I haven’t quite mastered cutting it in a straight line without it breaking. Tastes good though!

Another lover of millionaires shortbread here too. They look great.

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Loving this thread! I miss food reports so much, but this is as good! I made some Mickey Christmas shortbreads the other day, they are yummy if I do say so myself 🙂

So cute, but then everything Mickey shaped looks cute. Shortbread is something that I have to say I always buy rather than making. Yours looks fab.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Baileys coffee before 9am? Well it is Christmas! 😂
The cinnamon rolls are oven bake ones so can’t claim any credit but they were lovely!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Baileys coffee before 9am? Well it is Christmas! 😂
The cinnamon rolls are oven bake ones so can’t claim any credit but they were lovely!
Given the nightly cocktails I'm having I think you can be forgiven for having a Bailey's coffee on the first day of your Christmas holiday. Looks fab

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Pulled pork nachos

We love the fully loaded nachos we eat in the sunshine state and these are a poor substitute as they don't tower like the Floridian nachos, but they always go down well in this house.

I had some leftover pulled pork in the freezer that I defrosted and heated up so this was a super quick dinner. You'll notice the nachos on the left aren't fully loaded with guac, sour cream and salsa...that's because Max is a pain in the butt and doesn't like any of them. Hence the jars of sauces in the middle.

Cranberry Margarita

The only drink to have with nachos!

Ice cream cookie sandwich

Courtesy of Alicias lovely cookie recipe. Delicious

Old 23 Dec 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I really must get myself a Mickey cookie cutter, those shortbreads are adorable. Shortbread is my favourite too, I can never find perfect shortbread in the shops these days, they're all too salty. So clever to be able to make your own.

Tara, I really like those cinnamon rolls, we had those for breakfast on Thanksgiving. I looked into making my own but seemed a lot of work. Maybe next year!? Love your Santa plates.

Love your Christmas has a bit of a Florida twist Abby, nachos one of my favourite foods and those look lovely. Cannot believe Max doesn't like the toppings, who could hate sour cream!?

Ice cream cookie sandwich looks like my childhood dream.