Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jan 21, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

I loved Jasper Carrot. I'll never forget him doing a part of his routine on the ridiculous motor insurance claims people submitted. I also loved Barry Humphries as Dame Edna taking the wind taken out of the sails of all the celebrities. Also, DH and I loved Victoria Wood and we do like Sarah Millican and Michael McIntyre as well.

My mum loved Bob Monkhouse and my dad would roar with laughter at Ken Dodd. I remember seeing him doubled over in tears watching him. And Ronnie Barker. Genius!
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I love lee Evans, my sons have been to see him a few times, but we saw Brain Colony in pantomime and he was hilarious and did lots of stuff from his show like ‘it’s a puppet’. Never laughed so much, also saw Shane Ritchie in pantomime and he wasn’t that good, he sat next to my daughter. He called lots of mums yummy mummies but not me so for that reason I hate him!
I went to see Hairspray with him and Michael Ball (really because my friend loved Michale Ball and I went with her to see everything he was in . He was hilarious. Corpses all the way though but the audience loved it - so many encores too.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Lee Evans live is a very funny but a very sweaty man!

I remember seeing Bob Monkhouse when I was about 10 years old. He said. “I said to my boss, can I have the day off tomorrow as my wife is going to have a baby, he said of course. Two days later the boss asked me if it was a boy or a girl? I told him we’ll have to wait 9 months to find that out.” Memorable as a 10 year old sitting next to his parents I laughed to loudly and got a look.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another one of Bobs if I remember correctly.

"I'll have to stop going on holiday abroad as every single time my wife ends up pregnant. Went to Majorca last year, got back home and she was pregnant. In Greece the year before and same again.

I'm going to have to start taking her with me"
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Billy Connelly without a doubt, world wide appeal, not sure if anyone else has achieved this status xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
Billy Connelly without a doubt, world wide appeal, not sure if anyone else has achieved this status xx
My parents used to like him and my sister finds him funny because of that I guess. He just didnt do it for me - I remember my mother in hysterics and I had a deadpan face - I just dont find him at all funny although I don’t find him offensive (like many so called comedians)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Funniest man I ever saw was Tommy Cooper.

Just thinking about him creases me up.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

I love Peter Kay but not so sure now after all the reports on the other thread that he’s not a very nice man.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Tommy Cooper and Les Dawson were my favourites 😄
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Tommy Cooper...

A woman tells her doctor, 'I've got a bad back.' The doctor says, 'It's old age.' The woman says, 'I want a second opinion.' The doctor says: 'Okay - you're ugly as well.'

Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.

My wife had a go at me last night. She said, "You'll drive me to my grave." I had the car out in thirty seconds.

I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

I bought some HP sauce the other day. It's costing me 6p a month for the next 2 years.

A guy walks into a pub with a lump of asphalt on His shoulder, He says to the bar man give us a pint and one for the road.

Disney332