Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jan 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I am too grumpy to go to the cinema because people talking, texting and making lots of unnecessary noise really annoys me.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I am too grumpy to go to the cinema because people talking, texting and making lots of unnecessary noise really annoys me.
That’s why we usually go during the week at quiet times!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I definitely miss it. Not the same watching a big film at home. I went to see Tenet when it was out and it was fantastic being in a cinema again. I do however get why people will be reluctant to go. Can’t say it was great wearing a mask.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We had odeon passes. Some weekends we could go twice and have double sessions each time if there were multiple movies we wanted to watch.
The one we used was all recliners. I think we miss it a little as it got us out the house, but on the other side , we have managed fine without it.
I do think though that when we are all safe and back to normal we would think about joining again.
We also very much dislike all the extra noises that come with a visit to the cinema. That and smells... but we can overlook this as it is great to see a movie on the big screen.
And a no for popcorn from us.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

We had cineworld cards and visiting was a big hobbie in our house. We went back during the summer when they reopened and I even rewatched some big films like Harry Potter, LOTR. I love solo visits during the week when it is quiet and being able to switch off and focus on the film. When at home I have to put my phone in the other room but it’s not the same. Hope the industry survives.
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

I was only thinking last night it is nearly a year since we went to the cinema. I miss it. We go at the quieter times/cheaper times or have discounted tickets. Was thinking of trying to have a cinema evening for dh birthday in a couple of weeks but dont think I can change the house enough to make a difference. Sadly not beacuse we have hige comfy leather recliners or a massive tv with surround sound!
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I completely agree with you Louise, I miss our cinema trips too. We have a lovely independent cinema a few miles away that we prefer to visit as it has the feel of an old cinema from the golden age of cinema. It’s always a treat and we used to go at least once a month. We actually saw Suicide Squad in the cinema, and we quite enjoyed it. The last film we saw at the cinema was the Harley Quinn movie Birds of Prey which we thought was good fun too

Not a popcorn fan though, my favourite cinema treat is either the little tubs of ice cream or a bag of Minstel sweets (I only ever eat these in a cinema 😂 )

I’m pleased you enjoyed your cinema day at home, maybe you could make it a Saturday treat each week now
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
This is exactly why I would only go weekdays at lunchtime, often only half a dozen people nicely spaced out! Nobody kicking my chair, sitting too close, using phone etc, those things drive me insane! People surfing on their phones during the film, the worst. And chatting through trailers, if you want a catch up meet for coffee first!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Our last trip was February Half Term with four granddaughters to see Sonic the Hedgehog. It was pretty dire and I may have shut my eyes a couple of times (those reclining seats) and after watching the trailers we planned our next trip in the Easter holidays. Who'd have thought?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Me too! We did go to see Wonder Woman on the 23 Dec, but OMG it was one load of tripe! But was really nice taking the gran kids out for our Xmas visit. xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List