Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jan 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
I bought myself a brand new little caravan end of last year ! Cannot wait to use it Just me and my little dog
It’s something I’d like to do here in Spain. A camper van type thing. We could spend weekends touring Spain. Husband not a fan
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We are in Spain , so towards end of year IF possible we are going to spend a few days with the kids up at Ferrari land and Port Aventura. Probably a few days in Valencia too.

But all depends on how things look nearer the time. We work from home ,have done for a decade now so time wise anyway we can we will escape these four walls for a change of view .
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Originally Posted by fefifoe View Post
yip 3 nights booked at Alton Towers, then drive across country and 3 nights booked at Blackpool. Home for 2 nights to drop off son as he doesn't want to do the next part which is 8 days in London- visiting our daughter, my sister and our best friends. A holiday for us is where we dont sleep in our own beds and I don't cook - yes we'd rather be in Florida but looking forward to this in june and july . All things ive booked so far are refundable should we need to cancel
We live so close to Alton Towers that unless we actually stayed on-site in their shabby hotels we would actually have to travel further from the holiday accomodation than we do from the actual house
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
We live so close to Alton Towers that unless we actually stayed on-site in their shabby hotels we would actually have to travel further from the holiday accomodation than we do from the actual house
Years ago we stayed at the actual Alton Towers onsite hotel and it was very well maintained/clean and most certainly not shabby. Things might have changed since but shabby it definitely wasn’t.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by cybermum View Post
We are in Spain , so towards end of year IF possible we are going to spend a few days with the kids up at Ferrari land and Port Aventura. Probably a few days in Valencia too.

But all depends on how things look nearer the time. We work from home ,have done for a decade now so time wise anyway we can we will escape these four walls for a change of view .

Port Aventura is on the list when my grandson next visits. I’d like to go to Galicia , which is only a 3/4 hour drive north of me , also the Asturias, they look lovely.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
for us being in Scotland with only 1 half decent theme park its worth the trip for us. We stayed at a lovely little B&B in Alton one of the last times we nipped down but have opted for Splash Landings this time as the kids asked for it and it had a good discount if booked in January - just hope theres no darn fire alarm at 4am like the last time we stayed there!
Old 25 Jan 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Yes we have decided to stay in the UK this year. As we need to go in school holidays we’ve booked accommodation already and have a week each booked in Devon, Cornwall and the Lake District. I love our US holidays and have been lucky to go so many times but I do think a holiday is what you make of it. We had a brilliant few days in Devon in September and although you can’t guarantee the weather, there is lots of fun to be had. It’s not the same but not worse in my opinion and no long flights. Although some accommodation is more expensive, without the flight costs, it is no where near as much as we pay for a US trip.
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Wells-next-the-sea (no "to"!) is beautiful.

Mrs B and I had dramatically different holiday experiences as a child. Whilst my family would get on a plane and head off abroad, including my first trips to Florida, Mrs B's family would always holiday in North Norfolk, and the area has many fond memories for her.

I'd never been, and she was keen to show it to me, so we booked a cottage there on three or four occasions, and it was delightful. The beaches are amazing, you can take out a day boat and explore the Broads or make a picnic and hire a kayak and have a wonderfully chilled day on the water. Bewilderwood is a completely different kind of "theme park" too, but well worth a visit.

Above all, what our trips to Norfolk demonstrated to me - and I'd be the first to confess to being a bit of a holiday snob when it came to the UK - is that it doesn't really matter where you go, it's the people you go with.

Our lives are so hectic that we often don't get as much quality time with our children as we'd like, and whether you holiday in Cromer or Kissimmee, you can have a wonderful time making life-lasting memories.
Hi Bozza

We spent every Holiday from age 8 to 16 in a Caravan at Pinewoods, I then took DW and DS for a week some years ago. We also had a long weekend at Brigg Sq Cottages, sadly they no longer accept pets or we would be staying there again, I have travelled up and down the coast taking in Sheringham, Cromer, Hunstanton etc. Love the beach at Wells and apologies for the "to"

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Years ago we stayed at the actual Alton Towers onsite hotel and it was very well maintained/clean and most certainly not shabby. Things might have changed since but shabby it definitely wasn’t.
Yes it was lovely when it opened, they just forgot to do any maintenance after opening day...

It may be lovely now as they've had 8 months in which to refurbish without impacting bookings
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We haven't booked anything, my dh's family live in Cornwall so we will probably head down there in August for a week, the kids usually go down for a few days before us while we're still at work, as my BIL comes to get them. I was looking at a few days away somewhere with a hot tub to make it a proper break, but I refuse to pay the price they are charging. We looked at a 5 bed house with a hot tub for 11 of us (sil family of 6, us 4 and BIL) and it was £4.5k. Just no. Have a 5 bed villa in Florida next summer for 12 nights for a fraction of that.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List