Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jan 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Weve booked a villa for 18-31 December. Just waiting for flight prices to hopefully drop. Currently 3480 with BA for 4 + Group F car to Miami direct (no idea if this good or bad!)
Old 25 Jan 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
Weve booked a villa for 18-31 December. Just waiting for flight prices to hopefully drop. Currently 3480 with BA for 4 + Group F car to Miami direct (no idea if this good or bad!)
Its the outgoing flight that killing it sadly, were on the 31st Miami flight home and it was less than 120 each with a bag!
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
Its the outgoing flight that killing it sadly, were on the 31st Miami flight home and it was less than 120 each with a bag!
I know. If I could get the kids to miss the last day of term, it drops the price to 2800, but they wont miss it. Looks like Im going to have to stomach the Saturday flight price
Old 25 Jan 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
andyh
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Sounds lovely!

Not sure about park tickets, my issue is not knowing when to buy them. If park reservations are still in place then booking Christmas day soon is going to be a good idea I think! I just don't know if buying tickets now is still taking a bit of a gamble as I don't think Disney refund them if we can't go 😕
Yes, I know what you mean!
andyh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillylulu
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

First time for us at Christmas we normally go at August.We are going 15 th dec - 8 th January, booked flights on Saturday AA out from Lhr- Mco economy and back BA premium, really happy with the price got outward 261 with luggage and the return in premium for 174 much cheaper than economy , obviously a error as now its 700 .
First 7 nights in Orlando at our Dvc VGF only managed to book 4 nights so far booked up completely, then drive down to Miami on the 22 nd for 1 night before boarding NCL Joy for 11 night around southern Caribbean . 3rd - 8th back up to Orlando is the plan at the moment . So 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 It all goes ahead
Lillylulu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I have looked at bit more into my tickets question.
Attraction tickets have a flex plus insurance you can take out 18 pp. we can get the tickets, register them on MDE and pick our park days, and if we dont go they will refund them once the tickets are returned. I dont think I can ask for fairer than that. Think Im going to put a deposit down tomorrow.
Did you book them in the end? From what I can see you don't need to pay the extra a18 as you get free Covid cover anyway 🤷🏼
Old 26 Jan 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I have looked at bit more into my tickets question.
Attraction tickets have a flex plus insurance you can take out 18 pp. we can get the tickets, register them on MDE and pick our park days, and if we dont go they will refund them once the tickets are returned. I dont think I can ask for fairer than that. Think Im going to put a deposit down tomorrow.
We booked our tickets in April for this december and paid 10 for the flexi plus cover. couldnt ask anymore than that really. im going to pay the tickets off next month and book my days in. just waiting on a refund from butlins as Im due 700 back from them in the next couple of weeks.
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Did you book them in the end? From what I can see you don't need to pay the extra a18 as you get free Covid cover anyway 🤷🏼
I did. Ive paid my deposit and will keep an eye on park availability but probably pay off about June.
I felt better with the insurance as it didnt specify any reason just that as long as I didnt activate I would get my money back. I got my dibb discount anyway so didnt cost that much extra.
Also got a couple of free magic bands thrown in so Im pretty happy.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

Well finally took the plunge and changed our flights with BA we will fly xmas day for 2 weeks so hopefully we get some quite days at Disney once New Year is over !
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lillylulu View Post
First time for us at Christmas we normally go at August.We are going 15 th dec - 8 th January, booked flights on Saturday AA out from Lhr- Mco economy and back BA premium, really happy with the price got outward 261 with luggage and the return in premium for 174 much cheaper than economy , obviously a error as now its 700 .
First 7 nights in Orlando at our Dvc VGF only managed to book 4 nights so far booked up completely, then drive down to Miami on the 22 nd for 1 night before boarding NCL Joy for 11 night around southern Caribbean . 3rd - 8th back up to Orlando is the plan at the moment . So 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 It all goes ahead
That's a great price - is your flight from LHR indirect as AA don't fly direct to MCO or is it is a codeshare on a BA aircraft?
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List