Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Oct 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Talk Cuba to me...

Hi, Ive seen a good holiday deal to cuba in the school holidays.
What time of year is best to visit? the holiday is for the end of may.
Do you generally feel safe in Cuba?
Any advice will be appreciated x
Old 14 Oct 17, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

I went in July. Absolutely loved it and would highly recommend. Felt very safe at all times. Whereabouts are you thinking of staying?
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 17, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by charly77 View Post
I went in July. Absolutely loved it and would highly recommend. Felt very safe at all times. Whereabouts are you thinking of staying?
Varadero
Old 16 Oct 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

Ah ok. We stayed in Jibacoa so a bit more off the beaten track. Like I said we loved it. We went to Havana for a day and had a Cuban tour guide which I would recommend. Other people we spoke to who went without a guide were hassled by sellers and those wanting photos, not in a bad way think it was just annoying! The locals don't like them so they avoid each other! I'll try and do a trip report. As I said before we felt very safe and the customer service is exceptional.
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
princessfiona
Imagineer

princessfiona's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We loved loved loved Cuba. Def felt safe and everyone is so helpful and wanting to make your holiday memorable. We stayed at One of the Cayo islands. They have been damaged by Irma but the main island is just as beautiful. Take a chance and explore a wonderful country. We can't wait to go back one day.

princessfiona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

We went to Varadero in May & I know people who return to Cuba every year but not for us we didn't get the Wow factor.

Not much to do within walking distance of hotel, we were All Inc but like to wander off site for meals, nowhere within walking distance - but there's a hop on/hop off bus, or taxis/old American cars you can hire with driver. Beach is lovely, sea very warm too.

We went to Havana on an organised tour, we're usually very adventurous & do our own trips/exploring but was advised against hiring a car so felt abit 'holed up' in our resort,

Really enjoyed Havana though & its culture & felt very safe when we did venture out the resort

Not sure we'll be rushing back to Cuba any time soon but it's now ticked off our list !

Go for it if you want to go, we're glad we've been - yourll get a mixed reaction from people which might confuse want you want to do !
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

Started my trip report if you're interested?

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1052530