Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 19 Oct 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

Cuban fun...Travel Day!

Before we left we had a wee problem with our Visas. I will say Virgin were not particularly clear and we got a little confused and tried purchasing them through a third party (recommended by Virgin). This worked out very expensive and rather stressful. By sheer fluke I googled it and it came up that you can actually just add them to your booking with Virgin...

Visas added we thought it'll be plain sailing but no! Royal Mail lost our visas! Not a problem Virgin said but I couldn't settle until I had those visas in my hand!

Arrived at North Terminal LGW with plenty of time (5 hours to be precise! ) Collected visas...phew! It literally took 2 minutes! We then dropped off bags and proceeded to security, we used premium as we had V-Room lounge booked. We were through in seconds. I honestly have never made it through to duty free so quickly! Amazing.

We mooched around Duty free as we had hours to waste until our lounge access. Treated ourselves to some cologne in Jo Malone

It was great as we were able to sit in the adult bit of lounge! We had bacon benedict and an English breakfast muffin, both good. Had pastries/muffins/fruit. Then headed to the bar as we had V-Room+ where we sampled the whole list of spirits

Once our gate was called we headed down and were straight through and in our seats within 15 mins! Fab stuff. Our plane was Barbarella.

Three seats to ourselves which was spot on! Had Bacardi/Coke.
Watched Sing, loved it!

Food was best I have ever had on a flight. Chicken pesto pasta, salad/coleslaw, cracker & Boursin, Gu choc/caramel pud and wine.

Had a little nap then started watching Fences but didn't get it so changed to The Accountant. Great film! Had vodka/Coke and skittles to keep me going!

Then I watched Trolls, I loved it

Afternoon tea was roasted veg/hummus wrap and DH had cheese/chutney sandwich, crisps, choc and a cuppa! Yum!

Photo of Bahamas ( Nassau)

First glimpse of Cuba

We arrived at Varadero around 5pm. Immigration was stressful and virgin crew were extremely rude (pushing in front of customers) which was a shame as they had been great on the flight.
Our bags eventually arrived...had a worry that they wouldn't! Took ages!

Got on the appropriate coach and had a great guy who gave us the history of where we were. We drove over a bridge which was 112m high views were amazing but quite scary!

Arrived at hotel around 7.15pm. We upgraded to the Diamond Club, checked in was long but fine. Room a bit dated but it'll do! It was clean, practical and we had beautiful views of the beach!

Had a quick freshen up then went for a wander in time for sunset

Grabbed some food from the buffet area, fish with rice then cake for pud washed down with mojitos from the bar.

We walked back to our room and spotted crabs scuttling across the path!

Edited at 11:14 AM.
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Glad the visas were there!

Some great views from the plane!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

Haha! And me
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List