Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Nov 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Copenhagen - Help - good areas to stay

We have booked flights for Copenhagen next Easter. I am now looking to book accommodation. We want apartment style accommodation. There seems to be so many areas in Copenhagen, I am struggling to decide which area is 'central'.

Not done too much research on things to do, but so far looking to do the zoo (possibly), Nyhavn, Tivoli gardens, Rosenberg castle, Carlsberg museum, see the little mermaid, walk along the river and possibly a trip to Malmo.

Any suggestions as to which would be the best area to be centrally located for the above attractions.

We have been looking at airbnb and lots of apartments in the norrebro and vestobro area. Looking at the reviews of the location it seems to suggest that they are centrally located but when I look at google maps they dont look that close to tourist attractions.

Getting very confused now. Can anybody please please help!

Edited at 05:53 PM.
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I really like Copenhagen but only recommendation can give for accommodation is the Adina Aparthotel which is a bit out, near the Little Mermaid (which i have to say is a bit underwhelming - possibly the least impressive attraction). That said we bought a Copenhagen Card for travel on public transport and it was really good value and useful and the location was not a major problem.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Tivoli area I would say is pretty central. The trains and public transport are fantastic in Copenhagen..trains/metro actually runs on time to the minute. We were there in jan and just bought a 3 day travel ticket. Thought food/coffee was pretty expensive though..plan your toilet breaks out, thought they were a bit scarce!
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Should have added, we also did the malmo trip, just caught a train from Copenhagen central to malmo central. Trains were great, think there was about two per hour, very comfy and clean, electronic signs giving eta for next stops.
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MissRed
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I just got back from Copenhagen on Sunday!
We stayed in the Wakeup Copenhagen Borgergade. Extremely plain and no thrills hotel, but it was cheap. Locationally pretty perfect though! That is close to Rosenberg Castle. So I would recommend the area. We had 5 enjoyable days there, lots of historical things to see if that’s your thing. I agree with dibdobber about The Little Mermaid. We went to see it, just because we were in Copenhagen, so felt like we have to. I don’t understand the crowds for that though. The Royal Rooms in Christiansborg Castle are well worth a visit.
Food is expensive over there, but I would recommend a restaurant called The Olive Kitchen & Bar, really welcoming staff and delicious food.
Enjoy accommodation hunting! 😊
YC '08
AKL '18
MissRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Adina Apartments is the only thing I know that fits your brief. Area is safe and I have stayed there many times, but not really central - easy to walk to a station however and public transport is very easy. Personally I would try and stay within walking distance of TiVo Tovoli. This means you are within walking distance of most central attractions, restaurants etc and can easily walk to central station for everything else. I travel to Copenhagen almost weekly for work so any questions just ask.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

Have to agree and say the metro system is quick and easy to use. We stayed a little out of town with two kids but were in nyhaven in a few minutes and loved the city. Expensive to eat and drink but lovely. Fabulous city.
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

I stayed near Central station which was fab. We used the HOHO bus to get around or walked. I did a little trippy (below) if you want to read?

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1#post12317301
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Thank you everyone for the informative posts
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Originally Posted by charly77 View Post
I stayed near Central station which was fab. We used the HOHO bus to get around or walked. I did a little trippy (below) if you want to read?

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1#post12317301
Thank you. This has given me some good ideas