Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Apr 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Question University term dates

Our DS finishes this Thursday from Uni, what I'm wondering is if his term dates will be similar next year as we are looking at booking Disney for the beginning of June
Can anyone help?
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGill
Very Serious Dibber

DisneyGill's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
If you look on his university's website it will tell you there 🙂
DisneyGill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow next week that’s super early even by general Uni standards. I’ve worked out my son could do his course in less than 2 years if they scaled down the ridiculously long holidays. He’s only got about 4 weeks to go as well. I can see his term dates in the Uni website but he has essay submission dates which run a couple of weeks after the end of term so be careful to check for those too.
Old 22 Apr 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Is your son on a course with many end of year exams? I remember finishing in May for 'exam leave' and the exams would go through until mid-June. I was on an exam heavy course. It was very similar to GCSE and A Level exams in that you'd get a time table through for the end of year exams, results dates and then re-sit dates in August.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Originally Posted by DisneyGill View Post
If you look on his university's website it will tell you there 🙂
Yea it does, but I was wondering if some terms for different courses are different to the dates

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Wow next week that’s super early even by general Uni standards. I’ve worked out my son could do his course in less than 2 years if they scaled down the ridiculously long holidays. He’s only got about 4 weeks to go as well. I can see his term dates in the Uni website but he has essay submission dates which run a couple of weeks after the end of term so be careful to check for those too.
This is what I was worried about, but I presume if your son has already had his essay submission dates then ours will have too
Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Is your son on a course with many end of year exams? I remember finishing in May for 'exam leave' and the exams would go through until mid-June. I was on an exam heavy course. It was very similar to GCSE and A Level exams in that you'd get a time table through for the end of year exams, results dates and then re-sit dates in August.
It's sports journalism, so is it that practical courses have different exams etc compared to written courses maybe?
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

It’s a bit unknown. The university itself will have set start and finish times and exam periods but then his school will have important dates within those times and his own specific course will have elements of fluctuating times aswell.

As for doing a degree in x amount of time due to the amount of holidays, some students do do fast tracked degrees in (usually) two years however are they as experienced at the end of it or had such a time of personal growth as a traditional 3-4yr degree. For some it works, for others the whole timescale is as important for the entire package.

Edited at 06:56 PM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Wow, I thought DS finished early, and his end of term is 26 May
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

Why don't you just get your DS to ask?
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

My DD finishes her second year on May 31st this year. Guess it'll be different according to Uni, course and exam dates. June could work but maybe middle or end would be better?
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Dreaming
Getting Excited

Dreaming's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Heya, I’m in second year and I finish April 27th, we went mid June/July because of this, but I would defo ask. All uni’s and courses are different, but I’ve never heard of exams or studying during June so you should be okay for that time! Just be mindful of that being the result/resit period for exams/coursework ☺️
2000 - DLP on-site, 2002 - Florida Villa Park, 2004 - Best western (Birthday Surprise!), 2005 - DLP off-site, 2006 - Christmas at Legacy Park, 2008 - Highlands reserve, 2010 - High Grove, 2013 - WDW 13 of us and a wedding!, 2015 - Taking the partner for their first time, Mabella South, 2017 - Parents beautiful wedding! Providence/Tuscan Hills, 2018 - DLP in summer!, 2019 - our wedding! 💓
Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List