Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile Driving theory test

Hi, my son has just failed the theory test for the third time, it is the hazard perception that he keeps failing on, although when he does the practice tests he passes every time, he’s getting fed up as he doesn’t know what he’s doing wrong, any advice anyone? Thanks
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

do you not get/have access to any feedback on what you get wrong on the hazard perception test?
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My son passed second time and had now passed his driving test second time. If you met my son you wouldn’t think he could pass he was so negative. He had a dvd and practiced and practiced even though he didn’t want to. He failed on Hazzard perception the first time too. I nagged him so he did it! Do you have a dvd? I have a spare if you pm me I will post it to you x

Edited at 01:07 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
do you not get/have access to any feedback on what you get wrong on the hazard perception test?
No there is no feedback apparently, would be helpful if there was
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
My son passed second time and had now passed his driving test second time. If you met my son you wouldn’t think he could pass he was so negative. He had a dvd and practiced and practiced even though he didn’t want to. He failed on Hazzard perception the first time too. I nagged him so he did it! Do you have a dvd? I have a spare if you pm me I will post it to you x
That would be great, thank you so much, I’ll pm you
Old 18 Feb 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

When you say he practices the hazard perception has he bought the proper CD to practice on?

I found, whilst practicing, that I tended to click too early before the countdown started, so I then took the approach of click, then click again 1 second later. Had I not practiced and found that out I reckon I would have failed.

Mind you this was over 10 years ago - not long after they first brought in hazard perception

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

My daughter has just passed hers 3rd time. It is so frustrating for them as they are never told what it incorrect. We had lots of tears as she just didn't know where she was going wrong and passed 90% of the time on the app!
I genuinely think it is just sheer luck on the day as we can see they try and study so hard. I really hope he passes next time
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
When you say he practices the hazard perception has he bought the proper CD to practice on?

I found, whilst practicing, that I tended to click too early before the countdown started, so I then took the approach of click, then click again 1 second later. Had I not practiced and found that out I reckon I would have failed.

Mind you this was over 10 years ago - not long after they first brought in hazard perception
He has said he thinks he may be clicking to early.
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I don't think you can click too early though can you, as you are supposed to click as soon as you see a developing hazard, so if it is indeed a hazard then he would be correct. (If that makes sense.)
Old 18 Feb 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparklebeam
Earning My Ears

I took my test 10years ago, so it may have changed but I remember when using the computer dvd while revising, you could see afterwards where you should have clicked, and I was clicking too early as well.