Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Aug 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Whatever it takes...June 2019 Trip Report - Day 7

Saturday 22nd June

We were up at 7am and I had exciting plans – laundry! I do actually like doing laundry here and watching the progress online #adulting. Dave was occupied watching the qualifying for the French Grand Prix, and as well as sorting laundry, I did some FP+ swapping round so we could see the legend that is Equity Ben (if you don’t follow him on Instagram then do – he’s a hoot!) play Sir Eric in the Frozen Singalong at Hollywood Studios.

We soon arrived at Hollywood Studios and had the obligatory Photopass images taken, and used our FP+ for Star Tours before lunch, which was chicken tenders from the Backlot Express.

Next was the Frozen Singalong – which even Dave enjoyed more than he thought he would, aside from the man next to him who had terrible wind. This show has plenty of appeal to adults and children alike and we had a good laugh – even if you aren’t a huge Frozen fan, I would still recommend it. There is certainly some ad libbing going on - as a child in the front row wanted to leave but his parent/carer wouldn't let him - so he just started screaming 'Help me!' - which Equity Ben wove carefully into the show and had us all in absolute stitches.

Now it was time for a FP+ for our favourite ride at this park – Slinky Dog Dash! This really is just a fantastic ride – so well themed and enjoyable. Not sure we enjoyed it as much as the people behind us

We also tried to get a peek at Galaxy's Edge...

It was super hot today, so we headed back to our resort for a shower and to make some plans for the evening. We decided to modify our ADR for Wolfgang Puck in a few days time for today – which I did on the MDE app no problem. And then it disappeared! I tried using the email to relink it etc, but no joy. Arghhhhh. I headed down to the concierge desk, and they couldn’t understand the error either. It also took me a while to convince them that I had tried to resolve it myself - wouldn't be queuing at the front desk otherwise! Never mind – they gave me a print out of the reservation for this evening, so I knew it would be fine when we got there.

We got the bus to Disney Springs and mooched round the shops for a bit before heading to Wolfgang Puck. We also took our traditional selfie on the bridge as the sun went down

We were seated immediately but it took an age for a server to come and take our drinks order – in fact so long that we already know what we wanted to eat by the time she came. They dealt with my allergy well, and made a couple of switches on the pizza I wanted to ensure it was safe for me to eat. Dave has spaghetti and meatballs, and we even had a dessert tonight (and a glass of wine or two!) – Dave had Key Lime Pie and I had gelato. The service was slow throughout the evening, not just for us but for the tables around us too. It was also incredibly noisy, and Dave said he had a headache when we left. It certainly wasn't as good tonight as on our first visit earlier in the year. We got the bus back – and anyone who knows the locations of All Stars and of Disney Springs will know that it is just a straight road between them – easy. However the bus took a very convoluted route – heading towards Port Orleans and then Epcot. This made a 15 minute journey take closer to 25 minutes. Not what I wanted when Dave was feeling lousy.

By the time we got back to the resort, his headache had become a full blown migraine and he went to bed. I went to grab another drink, and noticed a car alarm going off in the car park – I went to check but thankfully it wasn’t our car. I pottered around for a bit and then went to bed myself.

Steps: 17034
Food cost: $129.78

Edited at 06:56 PM.
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope Dave had a quick recovery 🤞
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Hope Dave had a quick recovery 🤞
He did thankfully - he gets these migraines very periodically and I've learnt just to let him go to bed! Very jealous of your tiny countdown! Xx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
He did thankfully - he gets these migraines very periodically and I've learnt just to let him go to bed! Very jealous of your tiny countdown! Xx
I do feel for anyone who suffers migraines..not nice. Glad he felt better and you could get on with both enjoying yourselves! Yes its very real now, pre travel day eve 😁👍x

Edited at 06:51 AM.
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
I do feel for anyone who suffers migraines..not nice. Glad he felt better and you could get on with both enjoying yourselves! Yes its very real now, pre travel day eve 😁👍x
Have an amazing time! 😁😁 xx
Old 14 Aug 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Is it awful that I am ever so slightly glad Wolfgang Puck wasn't a roaring success!? We had it booked but I've had to cancel for reasons I can't even remember as I've made that many changes.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Is it awful that I am ever so slightly glad Wolfgang Puck wasn't a roaring success!? We had it booked but I've had to cancel for reasons I can't even remember as I've made that many changes.
It was a disappointment this time 😫