Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Dec 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

We got married in Orlando in 1999 with 15 family and friends after MIL hijacked our plans over here. I most remember:
swimming and sunbathing by hotel pool before ceremony, and being so chilled
wearing the wrong dress for the heat!
being driven from room to wedding gazebo in a golf buggy which hotel had decorated for us
the massive thunderstorm during the reception and us all standing under the metal framed canopy watching the lightning
my aunt going on about how we should be having more than just a few sandwiches for our reception as folk had spent a lot of money to come to our wedding- we had arranged a surprise evening and meal at Rosie O’Grady’s at Church St Station.
My sister saying it was the best wedding reception ever as I had taken her shopping (at Church St Station before meal) and finally DH being made to get up on stage to sing to me and being unable to spell RESPECT properly.
Loved every minute and it started our Florida obsession
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
when I surprised my wife on our honeymoon night and booked us into a travelodge on a motor services with all the amenities we needed (WH Smiths, McDonalds, Starbucks etc).
Was there a bath? is that where she got her extravagant tastes from ?
Old 29 Dec 20, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Over on the covid thread there's a couple of nervous brides wondering if our 2021 weddings would go ahead,

So to take our minds off the doom & gloom and get us excited for our big days,

What was your most memorable moment of your wedding day?

And how many guests did you have?

Here's me and John at our venue abbeywood estate

Xx

I love Abbeywood! A walk in the forest and then lunch. Gorgeous!

A friends daughter had her reception there. It was beautiful.

Hope you have a lovely day.
Old 29 Dec 20, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Absolutely gorgeous
And that Bardot neckline totally suits you x
Thank you. Our event was actually spread over 3 days because we had both been married before so Friday the 13th (I kid you not !) Was the legal bit whilst Saturday 14th was the blessing at out our church followed by the reception at a local rectory (these were were the pictures caj posted earlier were taken) and then for those guests who stayed overnight Sunday started off with a breakfast at a local farm restaurant followed by a picnic at a local national Trust property

It was a magical weekend full of so many memories and lack of stress!
Old 29 Dec 20, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We got married in St Lucia 28 years ago and our baby son was with us, he’s thirty on the 1st Jan. Chilled day in a gazebo on the beach with a steal band playing, our close friends were our witnesses. They've all just had covid but are ok now, I wore a short dress and we had a brilliant day in the sun, special table at dinner and a champagne reception which was on anyway.I kept getting complaints which was lovely and would do it that way again but I don’t think I will be getting married again!

Compliments not complaints! 🤣

Edited at 12:25 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We got married in Gibraltar in 2007, I was 8 weeks pregnant with ds who is now 13. I had to get a new dress at the last minute because I was so swollen and then needed a hold me in garment underneath so that fitted properly. I had really really bad trapped wind 🤦🏻 And got a fit of the giggles because of it, my mum kept looking at me like what the hell is up with you, and it started the giggleloop of laugher with everyone, the registrar marrying us wasn’t impressed at all! We composed ourselves to get the job done, but I have never been more delighted to get to the marina after, go for a wee, steal my sisters flip flops and take my hold me in pants off 😂😂 it’s something that gets mentioned by all the family every wedding anniversary haha. Still makes me laugh. We had 23 members of the family there, inc our 15 month old dd, which was all we wanted & all we needed ❤️

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We got married on the 1st Feb 2003 with 50 guests. Our girls were 4 months old and I'd sorted the whole wedding since they had been born as my Dad was terminally ill and I was determined he'd be there (he died 3 months later). It was a real joint effort with one friend making the cake, another taking the photos, another driving us there etc. Most of all I remember the laughter and love that filled the day plus the farcical moments, like my best friend arriving to me feeding 2 babies in my wedding dress (whilst my Mum and Aunt used all the water in the bathroom) and the collective gasp as our friend taking photos tried to get me to step back right into a snowy puddle.
Old 29 Dec 20, 05:33 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I always think of the bride who I found waiting for the travel agency I worked in to open who had seen the Holiday programme the night before featuring the first weddings abroad (Blue Sky to St Lucia I think). Early to mid eighties I suppose.
The MotB said there had been so many arguments with family that when they saw it they all just looked at each other and she and her husband offered them the chance to get married abroad and have the balance the wedding would have cost as a house deposit

We got married at the Little Wedding Chapel in Eustis sight unseen and I remember drawing up outside relieved it more than lived up to the photos .

Edited at 05:35 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

For me it was the moment when I turned around while stood at the alter as my wife to be walked down the aisle, she looked stunning. She hasn’t changed at all in the 34 years we’ve been married.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Am afraid I was led astray by my best man (who went on to marry my wifes sister!)
We bobbed in the pub next door to the church for a swifty with a window view of when the bridal car arrived (along with half the guests it turned out)
Unfortunately she arrived early and saw the pub emptying, despite me trying to hide in the crowd she copped a view. Oops.
Bit of a straight faced ceremony!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List