Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I don't believe that the OP meant this as a sexist post. No need for people jumping down their throat on that. I read it as concern for safety.
Well said. The very reason I hardly post anymore. You dare not say anything sadly.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I don't believe that the OP meant this as a sexist post. No need for people jumping down their throat on that. I read it as concern for safety.
I completely agree. In some areas of the country it certainly wouldn’t be safe for male or female. Any “wrong’uns” might assume there’s money in the van or on the delivery person and decide to liberate it.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Goodness, some of the replies on this post are extreme..
In answer to the OP, I would have been a little surprised too at that, not least as almost every delivery driver here is man and middle aged, or in their late twenties, only one female who does daytime deliveries.
I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable if my daughter was out on her own at that time delivering to houses in the dark, it's not sexist or any of the strange things that have been read into the OP's post, just concern that Tesco haven't sent her out with a partner for security really
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Aug 2005-Eagle Pointe Villas
Sept 2004-DLP Disneyland Hotel and New York Hotel
Adora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Adora View Post
Goodness, some of the replies on this post are extreme..
In answer to the OP, I would have been a little surprised too at that, not least as almost every delivery driver here is man and middle aged, or in their late twenties, only one female who does daytime deliveries.
I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable if my daughter was out on her own at that time delivering to houses in the dark, it's not sexist or any of the strange things that have been read into the OP's post, just concern that Tesco haven't sent her out with a partner for security really
Doesn’t that apply to any driver though? And isn’t the risk for Tesco and the driver to assess?
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

I joined the police at 22 and I was often out on patrol on my own in one of the roughest parts of London. I was not even the youngest female on my response team. I’m not sure what the concern is?
Disneyphile is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Yes it is, and of course it apples to any driver, but a young woman on her own would look to be an easier target than a man or two people together. I'm sure that's all the OP was driving at
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Aug 2005-Eagle Pointe Villas
Sept 2004-DLP Disneyland Hotel and New York Hotel
Adora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

We deliver and we are all ages male and female. Its best not to be alone and that’s out policy.
We had to ban one customer as he kept coming to the door in the nude
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Well said. The very reason I hardly post anymore. You dare not say anything sadly.
I delete more of my posts than actually post, as I always re-read them then start thinking 'what may someone find to pick holes in this about'
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
I delete more of my posts than actually post, as I always re-read them then start thinking 'what may someone find to pick holes in this about'
I know, same here, I say the same thing to myself when I post
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I think the OP knew the post was controversial, hence the 'tin hat comment'.

All jobs should be safe for all genders, all jobs should be open for all genders.

Whether individual bias means we wouldn't want our own son/daughter doing a particular activity that's our own upbringing but it's good to debate on an open forum with a hope to influence and bring about change. We often don't know we have bias until it's pointed out.

My employer has all genders do all roles. All customer facing are giving personal safety training and devices such as dog dazzlers or panic buttons.

I think a young man could be just as easy target as a young female and that in itself is wrong in society and risk assessments need to be done to protect all.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List