Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jan 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile Mam is 65 this year

So as title says my mam will be 65 in April. Would love to spoil her rotten as she does lots for us. Trouble is I have no idea what! She has lots jewellery, perfume, smellies, clothes. I cant exactly take her anywhere. Any help gratefully appreciated.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Do her a food basket with foods she likes
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Afternoon Tea. Home delivery if covid prevents visit. I had local suppliers deliver to my mother & sister during lockdown. Much enjoyed.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A photo fleece blanket, someone put a link earlier and just had a look at them, they are really nice. I think it was british made gifts. 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

The problem is we dont know your Mums limes and dislikes. As a 67 year old I would hate a fleece blanket and a box of food.

I would like something more lively, my daughter gave me scaling over the O2 roof in London which was fantastic, I have been given a hike through the countryside with a llama which was so much fun, i have enjoyed a segway trip at a venue close to you or maybe theatre tickets when things open or a cocktail making course.

Please dont think that because someone is 65 they need a blanket for their knees and a box of food to weigh them down. Just my thoughts.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Is there something she'd love to do once we're allowed out.

My mum's favourite presents are doing something rather than receiving something.

Maybe tickets for a show or a concert you can go together. Make memories not cupboards of 'stuff"
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
The problem is we dont know your Mums limes and dislikes. As a 67 year old I would hate a fleece blanket and a box of food.

I would like something more lively, my daughter gave me scaling over the O2 roof in London which was fantastic, I have been given a hike through the countryside with a llama which was so much fun, i have enjoyed a segway trip at a venue close to you or maybe theatre tickets when things open or a cocktail making course.

Please dont think that because someone is 65 they need a blanket for their knees and a box of food to weigh them down. Just my thoughts.
I wasn't really thinking of blanket over the knees type of thing, more sentimental perhaps with children/grandchildren photos on. My ds is going to order one for valentines day for his gf shes 21. Me personally wouldn't be able to have that on me due to hormones lol 😂
But then everyone is different.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I assume you and your mum are Irish with you referring to her as 'mam.' My mum is also Irish (I call her mum though).

I also think an afternoon tea gift for 2 people would be nice, but do ensure it has a long expiry date.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

My Mil was 70 last year, and the fact you mention your Mam has plenty of jewellery, perfume, smellies and clothes, is nothing like your Mam. My mil quite happy with just one bottle of shower gel on the go that she picked up at the supermarket, probably along with her clothing. Anyway, we got her a Vegtrug, a raised gardening bed, so she could carry on growing some vegetables in her small garden having given up her allotment due to a bad knee making it too difficult. She was thrilled.

I like the things your Mum likes, so would have been less thrilled with gardening stuff, however, a really comfortable garden chair a ready planted container and a good book to create a relaxation area would be my idea of heaven.

Edited to add, additional champagne, cream tea and fairy lights optional.

Edited at 09:38 AM.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I assume you and your mum are Irish with you referring to her as 'mam.' My mum is also Irish (I call her mum though).

I also think an afternoon tea gift for 2 people would be nice, but do ensure it has a long expiry date.
Haha no we are from North East England!
Did think about tickets to something but in current circumstances its risky getting tickets/vouchers as sad to say not sure whats going to survive.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List