Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jan 21, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post

More sad news

I know a lot of forum members have had to go through this recently 😢

My beautiful dog Moo had to be put to sleep yesterday. He had been poorly the last couple of days so I took him to the vet, who found he had cancer and heart issues, and the kindest thing was to let him go. He was snuggled in my arms when the time came.

I am so shocked and heartbroken. He was only 8 years old. There had been nothing to indicate he was so unwell (he had a check up six months ago and all OK) but now I'm torturing myself wondering if I missed it as my own mental health has been so poor. I don't know how I'm going to make it without him. When I've been at my lowest, when the hurt is too much, he was always there, he'd lie with me all soft of fur and lick my tears away. It's feels unbearable and I feel so alone.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm so sorry to read this, you did the best you could, be kind to yourself and mourn your much loved pet without guilt. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm so sorry 😞 sending you a huge hug xxx
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Harryporker
Earning More Ears

Sorry to hear this, I'm sure you didn't miss anything and it sounds like the 8 years he had was spent in a very loving home
Harryporker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I am so sorry for your loss and I can relate to how devastating it is to lose an animal who is a loyal family member. We always ask ourselves could we have done more when we've lost a doggy but that is human nature and it's clear that there was nothing you could have done, as there was no way you could known there was any medical issues.

Please don't feel alone because there are lots of lovely people on the dibb who are here for you and also feel your pain.

You sound like a lovely caring dog owner and and I'm very sure Moo was lucky to have had such a lovely life with you.

I know some might say that it's too soon to get another dog but I disagree because I think you would benefit from having a new companion, and the dog would also benefit from your love and kindness.

Edited at 08:50 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

So sorry to hear your terrible news- knowing how much my boy means to me I can only imagine the pain you are feeling at the moment. Remember all the good times you had with Moo. Best wishes to you.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

So sorry for you, it’s heartbreaking but I’m sure you could have done nothing else. Take care.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

I'm so very sorry for your loss, it's the most painful thing to lose our much loved pets.
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I am so sorry to read about your sad news. Losing a much loved member of your family is devastating. I feel your pain, we were heartbroken when we lost our fourteen and a half year old dog Tess. DH said we would never have another dog due to how devastated we all were, but here we are now with a 10 month old puppy who is simply joyous

It sounds like Moo was a fabulous loving companion to you, and will leave a void so big. I agree with MH, it may be that getting another dog would help you move on. Not to replace Moo, as you would never be able to do that, but to have the love and cuddles of another loving fur baby sounds like it would benefit you greatly.

Take good care of yourself

Jane xxx
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank you everyone for your words.

I do have another dog, Marley, he is completely different from Moo and will be the one that gets us through the next few weeks and months.

Its snowing here so going to try and get out for a walk. Moo loved snow. Gosh this is so hard 😢
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List