Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 25 Jan 21, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

Bad experience with Ubereats

Only ever ordered via ubereats twice and both times the order has been wrong.

The first time items were missing and I was refunded for the missing items.

The second time (last night) they delivered the completely wrong order which DD couldn’t eat. Despite providing photographic evidence I was refused a refund because receiving two orders wrong is suspicious (so apparently I’m a liar even though I have photos to prove they got it wrong).

Looking at their Facebook page, this is a regular occurrence.

So my advice is don’t touch these modern day Dick Turpin’s with a barge pole.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

I user Uber alot and never received wrong order, maybe its the place your ordering from?
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
I user Uber alot and never received wrong order, maybe its the place your ordering from?
Im glad your orders have been ok.

And yes, possibly it is the restaurant who are to blame, but our contract is/was with Uber and so when the order is wrong I expect them to rectify.

They clearly believe we are lying (despite the photos), because we’ve had 2 orders and they’ve both been wrong so we are naturally on the take looking for a freebie according to them.

It’s only £14, but I’m angry that I paid for something, they delivered the completely wrong order but they won’t re-provide or refund. I will never use them again.

Edited at 08:10 AM.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post

I was speaking to my sister the other day and she said they have stopped using Uber eats as they delivered their order to a different address and wouldn’t give them a refund as they said it had been delivered somewhere so tough .
I think that’s pretty disgusting, at least just eat refund you or give you credit on your account .
Glad we can’t get them here tbh .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Uber eats is a taxi driver / moped driver who basically picks up what he is given.
It’s the restaurant that’s crap.
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Uber eats is a taxi driver / moped driver who basically picks up what he is given.
It’s the restaurant that’s crap.
But it’s still down to Uber eats to rectify any issues as they’re the ones hiring these people .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
But it’s still down to Uber eats to rectify any issues as they’re the ones hiring these people .
Indeed, and it's also quite possible that the delivery driver made the mistake and gave Order A to house B and Order B to House A.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I used Uber Eats once, and never again. They delivered my order to a completely different house number, and tried to get them to pay for the food that (of course) had been pains for in full at times of placing the order. A common occurrence locally apparently. Once bitten, twice shy for me.
Old 25 Jan 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I had an issue and not used them since. I was tracking my order from McDonald's. They went completely a different direction to my house, did 2 other drop offs and then came back past McDonalds before heading to my house. Delivery was cold and late. I complained and got nowhere. Did the same in twitter as well and same outcome. How can they tell from a photo your food is cold?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1990
Excited about Disney

I live in South Yorkshire and have used Uber eats loads now ( started in lockdown 1) we only really use 2 or 3 restaurants but have never had an issue in fact I completely rate them. How frustrating for you all that they get it so wrong, they will quickly lose business if they don’t support their customers. As I say I rate them and will continue to use them, the discount codes are fantastic btw..but understand your frustrations..😥
Florida1990 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List