Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Mar 16, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lmjenk
Serious Dibber

Getting her there and the heartbreak that would have caused you all is the hardest step in this so well done for taking it - now its a slow road onwards hopefully - lots of people go on to live a normal life into adulthood and and Im sure she will beat this. Sending you healing thoughts and as tough as it was you have done the the most loving thing a parent can for her x
Lmjenk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thanks for your messages. Got my DD a new basic phone yesterday as she is not allowed one with Internet or a camera. ( really glad we bought her an iPhone for Xmas ) For the first time tonight we are not seeing her as we feel she needs to adapt herself and learn to manage without us.
Anyway DW gets a text from DD " please come and pick me up and take me home ". It's absolutely heartbreaking but we do know she is in the right place. We are lucky we managed to get the funding through and that the Priory is only 45 minutes from us. The Postcode lottery springs to mind and we have had a good few numbers on our line !
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Thanks for your messages. Got my DD a new basic phone yesterday as she is not allowed one with Internet or a camera. ( really glad we bought her an iPhone for Xmas ) For the first time tonight we are not seeing her as we feel she needs to adapt herself and learn to manage without us.
Anyway DW gets a text from DD " please come and pick me up and take me home ". It's absolutely heartbreaking but we do know she is in the right place. We are lucky we managed to get the funding through and that the Priory is only 45 minutes from us. The Postcode lottery springs to mind and we have had a good few numbers on our line !
Theres likely be a lot of guilt tripping to come I'm afraid. I wish you and your DW the strength to keep saying no because she is in the right place. Best of luck and I hope your daughter gets the help she needs

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Sending hugs to you and your family. She is in the right place, getting the help she needs.

My ds has an eating disorder, he's been in and out of treatment programmes since he was 13 and he's now 18 and is the best weight he's ever been and seems in a good place . He's been signed off at the moment and whilst I know it will always be something that he will have to deal with you can get through it and regain control.

Do they have family support you can access? I used to go to a carers support group with parents and family of others going through it, I found it really helpful? Do ask. Take care if yourselves. Xx
Old 21 Mar 16, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Flimsey
Very Serious Dibber

Flimsey's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Just to update you all. My DD was refused for outpatient / daycare at both the galaxy and the priory due to her bmi being too low for their services. Her weight then failed to pick up and inpatient seemed inevitable. we Tried to get funding from the nhs for the priory as an NHS bed was due to become available at our local unit which would not have suited her
The funding was approved on Friday morning and we immediately got a phone call saying she had to go in straight away. Friday was a very difficult day .
But she is in the right place. She has to use a wheelchair until her bmi hits 14 so that is a huge incentive as she was really upset when she found out she had to use the wheelchair
The road ahead is a long one , but she is in the right place and seems to have settled in well. Thankfully my son (12) seems to be coping with it but he doesn't realise what a long stretch it will be
Best wishes to your family and I am thinking of your daughter. I am glad you have got the place you wanted

I have experience of eating disorders (my best friend at school) it was a hard journey for her. She was never an inpatient but had regular doctors and counselling, she fully recovered and has never had a relapse

All the best
Lx
Flimsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I'm sorry I have no advice or experience of eating disorders but I just wanted to send my best wishes to you. DD3 has OCD, GAD and depression so I understand what it's like to have a daughter with issues. I hope the treatment is successful and you have her home and well soon.
Old 21 Mar 16, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
Wishing your entire family all the strength in the world to get through this.
Look after yourself and your DW. There's light at the end of the tunnel xx
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

I have recently completed my first placement as a student mental health nurse and have been on visits to the local priory clinic, what a marvellous place it is too.
The patient I saw said the first three weeks were her hardest adapting to the routine and accepting the help, the last time I saw her she was doing so well and appeared to be a different person positive and looking forward to life.
I am sure your going through the toughest time right now as well as your DD but hang tight with intense treatment she really can come through the other side.
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Mobile

She is in the best possible place as hard as it is for you. I was anorexic and bulimic from the age of 12 to 26 and spent time in and out of different treatments and units. For me it took so long as I didn't see anything wrong in what I was doing.
I used to call my mum begging her to take me home and used to try and run away all the time. Now I am a mother I can see it from her side and how hard it must have been for her so I really feel for you and the rest of your family.
I hope your DD responds well to the treatment and gets on right road to recovery as soon as possible x
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Really hope your daughter comes on leaps and bounds and is home soon with you .
I can't imagine how hard it must be for you or of course your daughter .
Sending lots of well wishes x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List