Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 May 17, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
rcrutchley101
Serious Dibber

Can anyone help with Advantage car hire?

Hi,

I've found a really good deal direct with Advantage car hire and was wondering if anyones used them before? Do they include all the charges/waivers?

Thanks
rcrutchley101 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Think you're going to struggle to find anyone on here who will have dared used them / Europcar. The reviews online are usually enough to make people run a mile.

If you want to copy and paste what the website says is included I'll take a look and confirm the require level of insurances and fee's are included.

<edit> just taken a look directly on advantage.com and see no mention of CDW and SLI being included and no option to add it on whilst going through the booking process... so you would have to pay these fee's locally.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk

Edited at 08:32 PM.
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
rcrutchley101
Serious Dibber

Thanks Andy, I thought it was to good to be true. I also did some research after I posted and saw all the negative reviews you are referring to. I was just hoping they were better now Hertz have taken them over.

Can you recommend who I should go with. Sixt? Avis? Dollar? Budget? Alamo?

I'm flying into Fort Lauderdale and looking to get a good mini van or Standard SUV
rcrutchley101 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Hertz took over Dollar & Thrifty. Advantage have some form of tie up with Europcar but nothing to do with Hertz.

Personally, I always go with Alamo (online check in, skip the counter queues and pick your own vehicle). Usually newer fleet of vehicles.

I avoid Dollar & Thrifty (high toll charges, very poor service). Budget & Avis are OK but no option to skip the Budget counter. You can with Avis if you sign up to their preferred program. Sixt are off site so would require their shuttle to their office. I have very little experience with Sixt but I hear mainly positive reviews.

If you want to email me your requirements I can take a look for you and see what I can do.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List