Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 16 Mar 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
excited4florida
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by 1301521 View Post
Hi! I booked my June 2107 Memories Collection Wedding on the 7th Feb 2017 with $2,500 inclusive on my Letter of Agreement. This is obviously after the Seasonal Pricing hike was announced but I had no idea about it until I've just heard on a Disney Podcast!
I have emailed my Disney wedding planner to make sure my Letter of Agreement will be honoured at the $2,500 price, surely that will take precedence over anything else?
Very worried!
I wouldnt worry. If they have quoted that price on the letter of agreement then they will have to honour it. I think basically thats your contract.

Peak season is May to June and September to December. Price starts at $4500.
Any other time its $2500.

Congratulations on your wedding, it will be lovely and try not worry. As I say if thats what they quoted I am sure it will be fine.

Edited at 09:17 PM.
excited4florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hope everyone gets these things sorted - is this seasonal pricing a new thing? It's such greed, it really is. Along with the price hikes for the resorts and tickets as well. Can't decide whether it's just the exchange rate or Disney being greedy. Or both.

I looked into S/D weddings when Neil and I first got engaged. While we ended up getting married in the UK with a Disneymoon coming up, they were super helpful and much less of a rip off than DFTW.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
excited4florida
Proud to wear my Ears

I think its just greed to be honest! Im sure soon when everyone starts only getting married at non peak season or going else where they will revert the prices back...
excited4florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
emma4g63
Imagineer

emma4g63's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
O well this is very disappointing to hear
That there asking for $2000 more for September
An absolute rip off and we won't be using Disney now

2016 BOOKED- SSR-Aoa-HRH-BWV-AKL
2014 September SSR and Dibb villa
2012 Hampton lakes with the family and our little princess
2010 trip cut short... R.I.P Dad (i will love you forever)
Tuscan hills 2009
emma4g63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
excited4florida
Proud to wear my Ears

Yeah it is ridiculous. I understand that they may want to spread people out throughout the year but an extra $2000 is ridiculous and completely unreasonable.
It basically priced us out, especially after we spent so much for staying on site anyway for our trip.

What was annoying was we booked the holiday last year when there was no seasonal pricing. You can not do a quote for their memories package until only 6 months before the date you want so we were completely unaware until this time. Then had to start checking round all other options!

Anyway I booked Cypress Grove in the end through Crownline and I am very happy with what we have paid. We're even getting more than what Disney were offering!
Old 8 Jun 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire@Hull
Apprentice Imagineer

Yep, with the demise of mini-wishes and Wishes being over budget, Im looking at Swan & Dolphin now too. It seems you get better value for your money and can still have characters, carriage, etc for less $$! Bonus!
Old 21 Jul 17, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Disney has now eliminated seasonal pricing and Memories is now priced at $3,500. That includes all taxes too. Yay!
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
66Caunce
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by excited4florida View Post
Hi

So we fly to Disney 9th September 2017 and are looking to get married in the first week.

Our original plan was to book the Memories package, all my quotes online when booking the holiday (last year) were quoting around $2500.

I contacted Disney weddings last week to book the wedding as you cant do this until 6 months in advance. They just contacted me with a price of $4500 ! Without any extras! All because September is peak time ! This is $2000 more than it would be in August with no additional benefits. Apparently this was only introduced in January this year.

I am so disappointed and now looking at booking a package elsewhere.

Can anyone recommend a company that do packages locally to Disney. The wedding will be just us two, and want somewhere nice with ideally all items needed included in the package e.g. photography, limosine etc.

Your help would be much appreciated!
We fly the same day from Manchester!
September 2017 - Port Orleans Riverside/Grand/St Pete's/Disney Cruise

September 2019 - AKL + Off-site
66Caunce is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
excited4florida
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by 66Caunce View Post
We fly the same day from Manchester!
Us too ! Keep an eye for us We will be very excited !
Old 25 Jul 17, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
excited4florida
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by fleur_charms View Post
Disney has now eliminated seasonal pricing and Memories is now priced at $3,500. That includes all taxes too. Yay!
I knew they would change it after we booked elsewhere! Ha oh well I am very happy with where we have booked