Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Jun 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Dining time frame

So, sitting here looking at my itinerary again () and after getting our Cirque tickets FINALLY i'm wondering if i've cut our plans pretty fine.

I've booked T-Rex for 4pm, we have Cirque at 6pm but have to be there 30 minutes prior.

Is this doable?

Realistically are we going to get seated, served, fed and watered and time to pay the bill in 90 minutes? typically on a meal out we're no longer than an hour (with a kid who cannot sit still when eating and a daughter that just really isn't interested in food, ha) but i'm trying to compensate on if there's a delay in being seated etc...

how long does it take on average for you and your family when Dining?
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

It was very rare for us to spend more than 60 minutes in any of the restaurants at Disney. We were at Narcoossees for over 90 minutes but that was because we paused our meal to watch fireworks. And we spent longer at California Grill Brunch because we liked the atmosphere
All other meals I would say we were there pretty much exactly an hour if not slightly less. (this is based on main and dessert)

I have never eaten at T-Rex so not familiar with how quick you get seated there etc.
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

Mobile

If you tell your server that you have a time schedule to keep to they will be accommodating. Also worth turning up at 3.45ish to 'check in' to your reservation that way your more like to be seated by 4 as sometimes there can be a wait 😊
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Fab. Iike to be prompt with time keeping so was planning on being at t-rex early 😉 good to know the average is around an hour then. I guess character dining would be a little longer and that's ok. Just really don't want to run the risk of being late for cirque (or anything really)
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

there is a fair bit of a stroll between trex and cirque.
I probably would try to move my ADR a bit earlier, 3:30ish to be on the safe side. (you don't want to run on a full stomach, and you don't want to rush through your meal)

you could also get a Landry Card, and show up 3:15ish. You'd receive priority seating. Mention you had a later ADR so you don't get charged the no show fee, or cancel that ADR plain and simple once you get the card.

but with your 4pm ADR, if you show up 15 minutes early, you should have enough time for the meal, and get to cirque in time to buy some popcorn before getting to your seat
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydiamond
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We are doing the same. We have T-Rex booked for 4pm before and I'm sure it will be enough time. We will arrive a little early and We saw people turn up later than half hour before last time we went.
disneydiamond is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
there is a fair bit of a stroll between trex and cirque.
I probably would try to move my ADR a bit earlier, 3:30ish to be on the safe side. (you don't want to run on a full stomach, and you don't want to rush through your meal)

you could also get a Landry Card, and show up 3:15ish. You'd receive priority seating. Mention you had a later ADR so you don't get charged the no show fee, or cancel that ADR plain and simple once you get the card.

but with your 4pm ADR, if you show up 15 minutes early, you should have enough time for the meal, and get to cirque in time to buy some popcorn before getting to your seat
we already have a Landry card so i was thinking on just cancelling the ADR and HOPE we could get seated a little earlier.
Old 28 Jun 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneydiamond View Post
We are doing the same. We have T-Rex booked for 4pm before and I'm sure it will be enough time. We will arrive a little early and We saw people turn up later than half hour before last time we went.
This is good to know, thank you 😊 hoping with the Landry's card we can be seated a wee bit before hand.