Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jun 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Gift ideas for 7 & 9 year olds in the US?

Hello,

I'm after inspiration please! We're heading to the US in a few weeks for a family wedding as my BiL is getting married (Brit but lived in USA for 20 years). His wife-to-be has two children (girl aged 9 & boy aged 7). We've never met them but have sent small gifts at Christmas. We'd like to take them something 'British' if possible but I'm really struggling with ideas. I know her son likes Lego & I was hoping there was something like a London bus or similar but it appears there isn't. Her daughter is 9 going on 19 (apparently! ) but isn't really into anything as such.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

What about a little make up case (or little mirror) for the girl, you get lovely ones with London scenes on at Accessorize. They also have little purses.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I know this is an odd think but I have two American 9 year olds (niece and nephew), they love shortbread and Jaffa cakes.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Have you looked at Harrods - lots of London/uk items there?

Looking on amazon there is a "LEGO 21034 London Building" set and also "Genuine Lego Creator LONDON BUS Promo Set"

Edited at 10:03 PM.
Old 27 Jun 17, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Spencerfamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Smiggle is very popular in our household and appeals to both boys and girls. Doesn't fit with the UK theme but don't remember seeing it over there.
Would the 9 year old like smellies from Lush?
Spencerfamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

My 9 year old daughter adores LUSH bath bombs so that's a great idea! Is she into HP? Anything from Kings Cross etc.
I remember getting gifts from the UK as a kid and even a fridge magnet was exotic :-D
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lightyear
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

There is a lego london bus or there is the London architecture set. The lego seasonal sets are also a good buy, maybe even the bank or wedding set.
Lightyear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Cath Kidson do the kids bags with London scenes on it. They do a lovely little cross body bag.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I would get them a little selection each;
Keyring - something London themed (you can get these from e bay) red bus, red phone box, royal guard etc
British chocolate, cadburys etc
British sweets
As someone else mentioned British biscuits like Jaffa cakes etc
You could do a box and fill it with all the little things I know my children would prefer that than a gift they might not want or need x x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Thank you all very much for the inspiration - some great ideas
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List