Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jun 17, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Joellybum
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Also, my mum & dad have used Green Bus, said they were excellent x
Joellybum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My family have a house in Portugal and we had a quick break earlier this month, we usually hire a car and use insurance 4hire car as a backup for the excess.
I wouldn't advise waiting till
You get there to get a taxi as the airport is under major refurbishment and a real mess so far easier to have a taxi driver waiting with a board and then walk you to his car than wander around trying to find a taxi. It's also much cheaper to prebook.
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JLH View Post
That's what has always put us off hiring a car in Portugal the high deposit you need to leave or the extra insurance you need to pay but you have no idea of how much it is till your at the desk! I will use your recommendation should we go again , thanks.
I know! I've read some horror stories re car hire co's holding €2000 euros on your card then charging loads for "damage" when scratches/marks were already there. Luzcar were very laid back. They operate out of a van beside other car hire huts. We paid cash. I was added to the hire booking for driving with no extra charge. On return, just leave key in car and go. The only thing I got a bit concerned about are the tolls. They don't have a transponder fitted like most car hire companies and the only way to pay is (from memory) to go the post office between 3 days and 7 days after you have driven on the toll roads and give your number plate and the dates you drove the car and they tell you how much to pay. There was money due on the car from a previous driver but I didn't have to pay that, however when we returned the car back to the airport there will still be dues owing from that trip. They guy from Luzcar said it's up to us if we pay or not . I'm hoping they don't refuse us entry to Portugal when we go next month
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We are just back from Faro 3 days ago, we hired a car and hubby never mentioned to me any huge hold on his card. (perhaps there was but forgot to say )
We used Budget/Avis and had no issues at all.
They checked over the car very thoroughly on return but all was fine.

We always hire a car on holiday unless it is part of a package deal where transfers are included, but the hire car place is very near to the airport (unlike some places where you need a taxi to get to the car hire places! )

We did see lots of taxis outside the airport though if not hiring a car. Have fun, I do love Portugal!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 17, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Alice2111
Excited about Disney

Another vote for Yellow Fish Transfers we use them regularly and never had a problem . You can get a quote online , their vehicles have WiFi too , and the drivers are easy to find at Faro as they all wear bright yellow t shirts in the arrivals area. There will also be local cabs outside the green & black coloured vehicles are more expensive than yellow fish in our experience . There is lots of renovation work at Faro Airport at the moment but if you book YF they send you an email map of where to meet them . Enjoy the Algarve ...

Edited at 07:39 AM.
Alice2111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List