Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jun 17, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I fly into LA now mostly as it is cheaper and with 4 of us the saving is worth it . But it can be a long drive this year i landed in LA at 3pm , got the car about 5 and arrive in Vegas just before midnight .. traffic was horrendous .

We've never done the drive in under 5 hrs and my husband doesn't hang about .

However we are over there for 3 weeks so we can afford to lose the time

Personally with a week I would stick to just Vegas and the canyon . The south rim will either take a full day or a overnight stay .
Daytona Babe - Is the traffic as bad the other way i.e. Vegas to LA. We are leaving Vegas and driving to LAX as my OH is leaving earlier than the rest of us and I'm a bit worried now about getting there on time.His flight leaves at 3:35pm,would we be better driving up the night before do you think although that would cut us to 2 nights in Vegas!
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by ozzyowl1 View Post
Daytona Babe - Is the traffic as bad the other way i.e. Vegas to LA. We are leaving Vegas and driving to LAX as my OH is leaving earlier than the rest of us and I'm a bit worried now about getting there on time.His flight leaves at 3:35pm,would we be better driving up the night before do you think although that would cut us to 2 nights in Vegas!
It can be specially once you get back to San Bernandino , that's where traffic starts to back up both ways . I stayed around there this year for 4 nights and traffic was always heavy no matter what time of day we were around . The other problem is there is only one main route so if there is a accident then your stuck in it .

I've driven back to LAX for flights home but coming from Phoenix but we don't fly home till 9.30pm so we have a full day

What I would probably do in your case is leave Vegas the night before around 7pm then drive as far as Ontario Mills ( loads of nice hotels there ) stay the night there . Ontario mills is about 60 miles from LAX but it will be the busiest part of the journey .
For a 3.35pm flight he needs to be at the airport around 12.35pm anyway . To make sure of being there you would have to leave Vegas around 6am .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes I was thinking we'd have to leave really early. Thanks for that i'll go and have a look at Ontario Mills!
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by ozzyowl1 View Post
Yes I was thinking we'd have to leave really early. Thanks for that i'll go and have a look at Ontario Mills!
We stayed there this year at the Country Inn & Suites and it was fab , booked again for next year, get a free breakfast too.

Ayres is also lovely, friends stopped there and we really liked their room.

Plenty of places to eat too like Outback , Hooters, In n Out Burger and the Mall itself is really good.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

[QUOTE=daytonababe;12636878]We stayed there this year at the Country Inn & Suites and it was fab , booked again for next year, get a free breakfast too.

Just seen this reply and I have juggled dates around and booked the Country Inn and Suites so I'm pleased to hear that!
Thanks for your help x
Old 2 Jul 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
[QUOTE=ozzyowl1;12646077]
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
We stayed there this year at the Country Inn & Suites and it was fab , booked again for next year, get a free breakfast too.

Just seen this reply and I have juggled dates around and booked the Country Inn and Suites so I'm pleased to hear that!
Thanks for your help x
Excellent I'm sure you will like it , has a nice little pool and you can walk across to the mall from there .