Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 30 Apr 17, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Yordaman View Post
Can I ask if that's right? I thought Virgin flights landed on Side B?
You are correct. Virgin land at gates 70 -99 which is monorail 4 into side B. Oddly though the VS check-in desks and second baggage reclaim (if you choose to use it) is at side A.

Mick
Old 30 Apr 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Whatever gate number they land at doesn't matter, the flight information says terminal A and that's what the hire car companies work on. My Hertz cars where at the A side too when I gave them VS flight numbers too.

See e ticket below from last month :

ORLANDO INTL ( MCO ), USA
Departing Tue 18JUL at 10:30
Arriving Tue 18JUL at 14:30 Terminal A
Flight Number VS75 Flight Number VS75
Operated by VIRGIN ATLANTIC ( VS) Operated by VIRGIN ATLANTIC ( VS)
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Yordaman
Excited about Disney

Maybe Hertz differs to Avis. I've not experienced it myself yet (roll on July!), but other posters have said they've gone to Side A, but their names have not been on the board. The assumption is that their name would have been on the B board, not that it matters too much as Avis have sorted them with a car anyway.
Yordaman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Yordaman View Post
Maybe Hertz differs to Avis. I've not experienced it myself yet (roll on July!), but other posters have said they've gone to Side A, but their names have not been on the board. The assumption is that their name would have been on the B board, not that it matters too much as Avis have sorted them with a car anyway.
No I've not used Avis either but we've picked up (and dropped off) our cars from either side A or B. We mainly choose B because it's the nearest one to the Virgin gate monorail and we never do second bag drop.

From what I've read on here recently about Avis anyway people say that you can easily swap the car named on the board if you don't fancy it.

As you say maybe Hertz aren't as flexible but as we've never hired from them I'm not qualified to say.
Old 30 Apr 17, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Also if it's your first preferred rental with Avis your name won't be on the board on either side. Again (like Hertz) they require you to go to the desk in person for your first rental.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 17, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I did Avis preferred for our 2014 hire (first time) all really simply went straight to the garage.
Went to the desk and they gave me a car, all great.
One thing to check though, they charged me for extra insurance. (Which I didn't notice at the time, I know!) I got it all refunded when I returned the car as I said I hadn't asked for it. I didn't.

She said it was down as a perfence on my Avis preferred account. I also didn't do this, but she said it may have been a default option
I may have just been unlucky and things may have changed since then but worth a check

I will be using Avis again for next year as with using avios points they are a lot cheaper than Alamo currently
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Yordaman
Excited about Disney

Good to know. Did you notice if your name was on the board (screen), and what garage did you go to (A or B?).
Yordaman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

No name on the board and I think it was B side.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Yordaman
Excited about Disney

OK, thanks.
Old 5 May 17, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
lynseymoll
Excited about Disney

Hi

Has anyone got any experience with A is at Tampa?

Only ever used Alamo & dollar..

Thanks