Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 3 May 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybugs107
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

We are staying at herald green ourselves and wasn't aware the train stopped there so that could be a good option. So is that stop next to the premier in or is it still a distance from the station?
Old 3 May 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

It's next too it I think from what I've read on here the premier inn car park backs onto the station.Its the next stop after the airport.To buy 2 single tickets works out £20 more so was hoping I could get a return and just get on at the airport instead.I would be getting on at a later stop so wouldn't think it would matter and I don't think they look at your tickets until you are on the train anyway.
Camsmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Camsmummy View Post
We are staying at the premier inn heald green and I've noticed we can get off the train at Heald green rather than get a taxi from the airport.How would this work with a return ticket because my return would be from Heald green so would it be okay to just get on the train at the airport station instead?
Are you booking a standard return so you can get any train? or are you booking advance singles for set trains?
Old 3 May 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Just had a look on google maps and it's a 2 minute walk.
Camsmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneybugs107 View Post
We are staying at herald green ourselves and wasn't aware the train stopped there so that could be a good option. So is that stop next to the premier in or is it still a distance from the station?
You couldn't get more convenient. The station literally the next door neighbour from the hotel (stayed there several times). It's direct from Herald Green to the airport and there are no stops! It's also the cheapest ticket you can get.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
Are you booking a standard return so you can get any train? or are you booking advance singles for set trains?
I'm not sure I was just pricing up the options as it's too early to book our dates. I was going to book a return but book on a chosen train if that makes sense? I don't usually travel by train very often so not too sure how it all works.
Old 3 May 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybugs107
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

This is starting to look like a possible option. I didn't realise there was a stop next to the hotel. My next silly question (sorry) is do you get the train from the hotel to the airport the following day or is it cheaper to get a taxi?
Old 3 May 17, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

I think you can do either.We are going to get a taxi,it says on the premier inn website they will book one for you and it costs around £6
Old 3 May 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneybugs107 View Post
This is starting to look like a possible option. I didn't realise there was a stop next to the hotel. My next silly question (sorry) is do you get the train from the hotel to the airport the following day or is it cheaper to get a taxi?
We are stopping at Heald Green as well and are getting a taxi it is about £6, the train for the 3 of us is about £4.
Old 3 May 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Camsmummy View Post
I'm not sure I was just pricing up the options as it's too early to book our dates. I was going to book a return but book on a chosen train if that makes sense? I don't usually travel by train very often so not too sure how it all works.
You can't book a return on chosen trains. You would buy two single advance tickets for that. It usually works out cheaper doing that, but not always, so do make sure.

I would suggest booking an advance on the way out and an open on the way back as if your plane is delayed you could miss it. The train company won't refund or let you travel on another service because you missed because of a late plane. Although sometimes they do allow you to use the cost of the ticket minus a £10 admin fee per ticket against the cost of a new open. Not worth the hassle. Hopefully your return date and time is off peak as this brings down the cost of open tickets quite a bit usually.

Edited at 09:50 PM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List