Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 24 May 17, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Proposal Ideas for Disney World

My girlfriend and I are going to Disney world for two weeks in September and I am hoping to propose after being together for 4 years and it's going to be her birthday while we are there. I was hoping for some simple ideas. She loves Disney and it means the world to her, she's been through a lot and I want to make this trip special as it's our first trip to Disney World. She likes the simple things and wouldn't want me spending money on a proposal, just time. She loves meeting characters and we will be in magic kingdom on her birthday as she loved it in Paris.

Anyone have any ideas or proposal stories of their own? As you can see I've never been, so I have no idea what so ever... I've been looking for ideas and saw this site was the best place to ask.

Edited at 06:09 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Proposal help!

My girlfriend and I are going to Disney World, just us, for two weeks in September and I am hoping to propose after being together for 4 years and it's going to be her birthday while we are there. I was hoping for some simple ideas. She loves Disney and it means the world to her, she's been through a lot and I want to make this trip special as it's our first trip to Disney World. She likes the simple things and wouldn't want me spending money on a proposal, just time. She loves meeting characters and we will be in magic kingdom on her birthday as she loved it in Paris.

Anyone have any ideas or proposal stories of their own? As you can see I've never been, so I have no idea what so ever... I've been looking for ideas and saw this site was the best place to ask.

(I posted this elsewhere when I realised there was a wedding section)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
donaldtheduck
slightly serious Dibber

donaldtheduck's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Propose doing a meet and greet with Mickey at Town Hall. Alternative to this is to have a photo in front of the castle with a photopass photographer, then while you are having your photo taken, propose. Both these will guarantee you have pictures of the event, and in front of the castle will get cheers from people passing by.
POR November 2013
DLRP November 2014
CBR February 2016
donaldtheduck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Perhaps take your other half for a dining experience somewhere special and ask them to pop the ring into the champagne glass at the end of the meal. Cinderella's Royal Table is a popular one or The Poly, The Cali Grill at The Contemporary Resort, or the Grand Floridian either Narcoosee's or Citricos. You could also ask her on the bridge into Beast's Castle or inside the Be Our Guest restaurant there. Really wherever you think she will appreciate the occasion will be fanstastic. Remember to ask for plenty of CMs and other guests to take your photos too.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Imagineer

My friend proposed to his now wife at the top of splash mountain just before the big drop. You'll get a ride photo of the moment just don't drop the ring!
Disney Den is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Darthmickey
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Den View Post
My friend proposed to his now wife at the top of splash mountain just before the big drop. You'll get a ride photo of the moment just don't drop the ring!
This can't be beat surely! ?
Darthmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ontwofronts
Excited about Disney

I proposed to my wife during the 4th July fireworks at the Magic Kingdom!

Down on one knee and everything
ontwofronts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Cali grill terrace during the fireworks, or as I just saw the thing about she wouldn't want you to spend a lot, how about on the Liberty Belle steamboat ride? Or in the gardens in front of the castle?
If you don't mind being the centre of attention, I saw a guy propose in the middle of Main Street just before a parade when it was all roped off. He had clearly had a quick word with one of the cast members who let them both through the ropes. It was lovely.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019

Edited at 10:05 PM. Reason: Add more ideas
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

If she likes meeting characters, meet Mickey on Main Street and pop the question with him present!
Old 25 May 17, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

My lovely partner proposed on our first morning at magic kingdom he asked to stop for a photo and as I love a photopass photo I didn't suspect a thing - it was great to start the holiday with a celebration I didn't expect and we celebrated over the rest of the holiday as we had an early ADR the park was fairly quiet which was really lovely have a look at my report for info and best of luck with whatever you decide to do, Heather

A link to my 2020 trip to Los Angeles:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1161735

A link to my 2017 trip to POR and HRH is show below:
Star Wars, Bar Bores, Car Tours and No Chores!

A link to my 2015 trip to CBR and RPR is shown below:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...me+the +power
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List