Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 Jun 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

DH went to the DVLA in Coleraine to check up on his license as he'd sent it away in March. Lady was v unpleasant and said that due to huge backlog it hadn't been processed but that it would be done the next day. Sure enough it arrived about 3 days later - that was about a month ago. Was ok for us as we live in Bushmills but not handy if you're further away. I'd suggest phoning again and explaining the situation - you might get someone less unhelpful.
Old 8 Jun 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bronagh
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Im in belfast which would mean taking a day off work and travelling down. Might have to end up doing it though. Ill try to get someone more helpful tomorrow. Thanks
Bronagh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I would be getting on the phone to them every day to chase it through.
TBH, a while back a friend of mine need this done on a hurry for a holiday and they basically put him to the top of the queue. So phoning can definitely help. Just be very polite and explain your problem.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
I little off topic, but as a few here posting from NI. My advice is also check your travel insurance if flying from Dublin. Don't listen to people, just phone your travel insurance provider and ask about flying from Dublin as your first airport. You may be shocked as I spoke to 4 who clearly said your not covered. Others said certain areas aren't covered.
Thanks for this, booked flights last year from dublin (and insurance) at the same time, never thought to check, flying out next month 8th
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
hotspotuk
Excited about Disney

I sent my license in for renewal on 11th May and still had no license three weeks ago. I called them on tuesday spent 45 minutes on various calls they then put me through to a department who deals with license requirements if needed in a rush. They checked the system and my name wasn't even on it as being processed yet.
The woman was very helpful and told me about the certificate which had no charge but was only valid from when she emails it til about 3weeks after so that wa son use to me as we are staying onsite for 3weeks alone.
Anyway the woman took all my details and said they would rush my license through and if I hadn't received it within 10day stop call them back and they would email me out the driving entitlement certificate. The following Monday I had my new license in the post so all was sorted.
They can rush through the license if it's needed just a matter of who u get to speak to in county hall.

Edited at 09:24 AM.
hotspotuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bronagh
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thanks for your reply. I phoned NI direct today and they were able to tell me when it was received so im hoping that means its on the system.
He transferred me through to coleraine and i was on hold for an hour and then got cut off.
Can i ask what number you rang? Was it the 0300 one?
Thanks
Bronagh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
hotspotuk
Excited about Disney

0300 200 7861 is the number I wrang. Ask to speak to someone regarding processing your license quicker they do have an operation setup to rush licenses through for special situations and there is also no charge for the driving certificate if they have to send that it can be done via email while you are on the phone at no charge as it's their fault you can't get the license they have to help you when they can. Just be polite and don't get stressed out as it really all depends on who you get talking to as to whether they will help you or not.
hotspotuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bronagh
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Update on my driving licence. I received an email yesterday to say that the change of address had been processed and my licence would be posted shortly. Fingers crossed it comes before 26th.

Thanks for all ur help
Old 14 Jun 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bronagh View Post
Update on my driving licence. I received an email yesterday to say that the change of address had been processed and my licence would be posted shortly. Fingers crossed it comes before 26th.

Thanks for all ur help
That does sound hopeful 👍
Old 20 Jun 17, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
Just wondering if the OP ever got sorted with their licence?