Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Jun 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

Hats off to BA!

I'm so impressed with the dealings i have had with BA this weekend!

firstly during the week i called to ask how much to upgrade my outward flight in August, got told a price, which was high... but then the agent asked me if i had any Avios and suggested i could use them to upgrade all the way fromEC to club! I dithered as i was not sure and asked if she could email all the details so i to think things over. over the next couple of days i transferred points to BA to cover the 4 of us upgrade and emailed the agent back, she called me and the transaction and her allocating seats were done in one go - no hassle at all!

then today i get a text to say one of the indirect legs to tampa have been cancelled... i emailed the same agent asking of alternative flights, she called back offering direct both ways with no additional charge! such a result as we got dirt cheap flights LHR-Phil-TPA plus car hire for about £400 each, now are direct
I'm so happy!
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza68
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We went with BA in 2015 and they were excellent. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again
Wazza68 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Can i ask how many points it was, we fly lhr-jfk in 3wks and have loads of avios if any availability left
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi disneyBabe, check there is reward seats first but we paid 25,000 per person plus taxes to upgrade from EC to Club, may be dependent on the fair code you have first? no idea...
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vikkicat View Post
Hi disneyBabe, check there is reward seats first but we paid 25,000 per person plus taxes to upgrade from EC to Club, may be dependent on the fair code you have first? no idea...
Not wanting to burst your bubble but a peak redemption on BA on LGW/TPA is 25k avios in economy,50k in PE (world traveller plus) and 75k in Club World. Therefore an upgrade using avios from economy to PE would be 25k per person per sector whereas from PE to Club would be 25k.

I am not aware of being able to upgrade using avios more than one cabin from the underlying fare. If you could then this would be 50k per person from economy to business.

Are you sure your upgrade is into business/clubftom economy or were you originally in PE? In terms of the extra charges then there are higher taxes but this should be a huge amount, but maybe they upgraded your original fare to PE and then did the UuA.

If you could confirm your seat numbers or fare code then this would be useful.

Edited at 12:01 PM.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Madfish please don't be nasty, i was just saying how pleased i was with the service from BA and not trying to gloat at all.
I assure you i checked as i thought it was a good 'price', we have seats 13 A&B and 14 A&B from row 28 A, B C and D... however i cannot find the fare code
Old 19 Jun 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
michele557
Trying for More Ears

Great news Vikkicat and a lovely start to your holiday. We are flying BA for the first time in a couple of weeks so great to hear about good customer service
michele557 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vikkicat View Post
Hi Madfish please don't be nasty, i was just saying how pleased i was with the service from BA and not trying to gloat at all.
I assure you i checked as i thought it was a good 'price', we have seats 13 A&B and 14 A&B from row 28 A, B C and D... however i cannot find the fare code
In what way was I being nasty? I would hate you to think you have got club when you haven't if the agent made a mistake. Don't think you were gloating and we all love a bargain. As I pointed out the upgrade from economy to club world (if it was available which I am not sure it is) would be 50k avios each way per person travelling at peak time.

As I said unless the agent put through a paid upgrade first and then the UuA then this looks to me like the wrong avios have been calculated. Depends a lot on how much they charged in terms of the fees etc for the upgrade.

Depending on the aircraft type, then row 13 and 14 could be in either club world or world traveller plus. Do you know if the flight has a first class cabin?

To check your fare code, log into manage my booking and select the flight. There should be a hyperlink called 'more flight information'. In the pop up your fare code will be showing under 'selling class'.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

HI Madfish, i thought you were, so my apologies...

i've checked on BA.com and it is stating code U, and the seat guru for the flight states there is a first class cabin and on checking in the 'manage my booking' it clearly states 'club world'.

so maybe i just got a fluke / bargain or whatever you call it?
Old 19 Jun 17, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Great news, well done. So nice to hear a good story.
We are travelling first time with BA this Summer. So far, they have been excellent when booking/ calling them.