Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Jun 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tray22
Excited about Disney

If things haven't changed you will still need to go to the Virgin desk at the airport to pick up your $200 (if you have them) before getting the ME.
tray22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

We don;t have the gift card xx
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

If they've booked you (or anyone else reading this!) on the transfers then you can get a refund for it too. I can't remember exactly how much it was when we had to do that, around £40 though.
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

They hadn't booked them for us because I kept telling them not to. They were all "ok, but you'll have to make your own way..."
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by laurac1988 View Post
I'll give Disney a call a bit closer to the time and get it sorted.

I don't understand how Virgin can be completely ignorant to the fact that it exists
They probably know that it exists but they don't make money from it, hence trying to get people to pay the extra for their transfers.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

When we went over Easter our friends booked through virgin holidays and despite me telling them about the free magical express they didn't cancel their transfer with virgin.

On the day we arrived, we were all delayed by immigration at Atlanta and missed our connecting flight. We were luckily only an hour late arriving into Orlando, and we headed off to the magical express, got straight on and were at POR really quickly.

They arrived 3 hours later! They stopped for food and by the time they got to the Virgin desk were told they were too late for a transfer and had to use the magical express. The queue for it was so long by this time, it took ages for them to actually get on it! They were exhausted by the time they finally arrived!

I never did ask if they got a refund from Virgin for the transfer - probably not!
Old 21 Jun 17, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
zece87
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the information! I thought it was odd that they included transfers in our booking but didn't think anything of it!

Quick question if anyone knows... can I still use the free Virgin luggage drop off at Disney springs if we use the magical express?

Thanks
zece87 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dobbie
Serious Dibber

If booked with Virgin Holidays would I be right in thinking that you would need to go to the Virgin Holidays desk (A Side Level 1) to collect your $200 gift card (if you have one) and then go over to B Side to catch the magical express.

Edited at 01:18 PM.
dobbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by zece87 View Post
Thanks for the information! I thought it was odd that they included transfers in our booking but didn't think anything of it!

Quick question if anyone knows... can I still use the free Virgin luggage drop off at Disney springs if we use the magical express?

Thanks
Yes you can.

Originally Posted by dobbie View Post
If booked with Virgin Holidays would I be right in thinking that you would need to go to the Virgin Holidays desk (A Side Level 1) to collect your $200 gift card (if you have one) and then go over to B Side to catch the magical express.
Yes. That's where we collected ours at the end of April anyway!
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dobbie
Serious Dibber

I've just cancelled my Virgin Holidays transfers and my balance owing has reduced by £92.50.

I was only expecting about £40 back as there's only two of us.

Edited at 06:01 PM.
dobbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List