Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jun 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Borderbairn
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marco_79 View Post
Losing weight is really simple. Forget SW, all fad dietsand giving up carbs it's all complete rubbish!

You need to be in calorie deficit to lose weight, simple as that.

1lb of fat = 3500 calories.
2lb of fat = 7000 calories.

So if you work out how many calories your body is using per day then take 500 off per day you will lose 1lb in 1 week. 500x7=3500. 1000 calorie deficit is 2lb per week.

More exercise you do the easier it is to maintain the deficit.

If you are left with 1500 calories per day it doesn't matter what you eat or drink. Just eating better will keep you full and feeling better.

If you can suss this you will never need to pay SW or follow a daft diet ever again.

The big companies don't want you to know this!
This really makes sense but how do you work out how many calories your body uses in a day?

Southern Dunes 2006 & 2007 Highlands Reserve & Hard Rock Hotel May & Sep 2008 The Sanctuary West Haven 2009 Freedom of the Seas & Doubletree Resort 2010 Highlands Reserve May 2012 Windsor Hills 2014 New York 2016
Borderbairn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post

I would say that it is but I am not convinced that just changing your eating habits would do it. I fairly rigorous exercise routine would also need to be introduced I imagine.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Hi
I would defo introduce exercise as well .. its not just about the number at the scales. I find that when I up my exercise ( 10 weeks to my hols and cant up anymore lol) the inches come off fast ... BUT .. its really really important what you eat as you can always out eat a good workout !

Lisa x
Old 26 Jun 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
marco_79
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Borderbairn View Post
This really makes sense but how do you work out how many calories your body uses in a day?
Have a look a TDEE calculator online to work out how many calories you are using. Even better if you can get a fitbit as it does it all for you and is much more accurate.

Log the calories in the app MyFitnessPal. It can even sync to the fitbit app and tell you how many you have left to eat. Its amazing to see how you can go for a run or cycle and add 300-1000 calories to what you have left to eat or to create a bigger deficit to lose faster.

Honestly this gives guaranteed results. I have lost 1.5 stone since 18th April after being educated on this and buying a fitbit.

My wife is 5' 2", 38yrs old and 8st 6lb. She only wants to lose a couple of lbs for Florida! Her TDEE is 1700 she is therefore working to 1200 calories per day, she is adding loads of miles on the tredmill though so gets to eat more and maintain the same deficit.
marco_79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by marco_79 View Post
Have a look a TDEE calculator online to work out how many calories you are using. Even better if you can get a fitbit as it does it all for you and is much more accurate.

Log the calories in the app MyFitnessPal. It can even sync to the fitbit app and tell you how many you have left to eat. Its amazing to see how you can go for a run or cycle and add 300-1000 calories to what you have left to eat or to create a bigger deficit to lose faster.

Honestly this gives guaranteed results. I have lost 1.5 stone since 18th April after being educated on this and buying a fitbit.

My wife is 5' 2", 38yrs old and 8st 6lb. She only wants to lose a couple of lbs for Florida! Her TDEE is 1700 she is therefore working to 1200 calories per day, she is adding loads of miles on the tredmill though so gets to eat more and maintain the same deficit.
interesting post

BUT

I have issues with the fitbit reporting calorie , today in work i have walked 9.66 miles, fair enough, but it says i have burnt 4,199 cals, that surely cannot be right ? ? ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
interesting post

BUT

I have issues with the fitbit reporting calorie , today in work i have walked 9.66 miles, fair enough, but it says i have burnt 4,199 cals, that surely cannot be right ? ? ?
I agree - if I ate what my fitbit and MyFitnessPal told me I could, I'd be about five stone heavier by now!

I take their estimated calorie burns with a pinch of salt. I also use a heart rate monitor when I am exercising to make sure I don't over-estimate what I am burning off.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandieb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TrueBlueAngel View Post
Can I ask what the Facebook groups are please. I'd be interested in them. Thanks.
Ketogenic Diet for Beginners and Ketogenic Diet Open Discussion
Sandieb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

yep ive done it just by eating sensibly & exercise (cycling)

and have just started again, as i found out via my daughter some of the slides at volcanoe bay have a 200lb weight limit
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
yep ive done it just by eating sensibly & exercise (cycling)

and have just started again, as i found out via my daughter some of the slides at volcanoe bay have a 200lb weight limit
Really can't believe that they have a limit, I wonder if they have scales if they think you are over weight. God that could cause some hairy moments for the cast members
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

I did it before holiday and the last stone was such a sod to shift - the only thing that did it was intermittent fasting or 5:2 diet. I tweaked it about for myself and ended up having my last meal around 5pm and then not eat again until say, 1pm - 2pm the following day but I had to be very disciplined. I cut out all alcohol, sugar (only in fruit), bread, dairy (except eggs), I lived on veggies, chicken and fish. It can be done but it's bloody hard work and remember not to go straight back into old ways as soon as it's over, I only gradually started introducing other foods again so the weight wouldn't pile back on. As it happens I only ended up putting 3lb on in Florida and I had some big meals.