Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jun 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
donna100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I am on day 8 of a 9 day detox and then going into slimming world. I lost the weight easily before by following their plan as it is changing how you cook without realising and j never felt I was going without.

I done the C9 cleanse to give me a kick start as go away in just over 5 weeks.

It's hard but well worth it

Xx
Old 27 Jun 17, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
marco_79
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
interesting post

BUT

I have issues with the fitbit reporting calorie , today in work i have walked 9.66 miles, fair enough, but it says i have burnt 4,199 cals, that surely cannot be right ? ? ?
4199 calories is a lot but is quite possible based on a few factors including weight, height, age and how active your job is. If I do a 2hr bike run and have a busy day at work I can hit 3800 calories no probs.
marco_79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
marco_79
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
I agree - if I ate what my fitbit and MyFitnessPal told me I could, I'd be about five stone heavier by now!

I take their estimated calorie burns with a pinch of salt. I also use a heart rate monitor when I am exercising to make sure I don't over-estimate what I am burning off.
Most fitbits have heart rate monitors now, would recommend one without it. They work proof being the 1.5st I've lost since April 18th.
marco_79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
marco_79
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
I did it before holiday and the last stone was such a sod to shift - the only thing that did it was intermittent fasting or 5:2 diet. I tweaked it about for myself and ended up having my last meal around 5pm and then not eat again until say, 1pm - 2pm the following day but I had to be very disciplined. I cut out all alcohol, sugar (only in fruit), bread, dairy (except eggs), I lived on veggies, chicken and fish. It can be done but it's bloody hard work and remember not to go straight back into old ways as soon as it's over, I only gradually started introducing other foods again so the weight wouldn't pile back on. As it happens I only ended up putting 3lb on in Florida and I had some big meals.
5:2 is just another way of bringing in a calorie deficit. I don't like feeling hungry so don't like it personally. I know a lot do though. Lots pig out on known fast days which defeats the purpose.
Old 27 Jun 17, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Different strokes for different folks.
5:2 is the best way I've found to loose weight and it stays off too . I'd rather be hungry for 2 days out of the week than have to count every calorie every day. But saying that, even on my fast days I've never gone to bed feeling hungry .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marco_79 View Post
Most fitbits have heart rate monitors now, would recommend one without it. They work proof being the 1.5st I've lost since April 18th.
Yeah, I use my Fitbit everyday and I have one with a HR monitor on it for exercise.

I just found the fitter I got the more it over estimated my burn.

For example, it'd tell me I'd burnt off 700 calories when doing body attack. That was true when I was unfit but now it's more like 450.

I lost two stone calorie counting and using myfitness pal and my Fitbit so I do speak from experience...
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
5:2 is the best way I've found to loose weight and it stays off too . I'd rather be hungry for 2 days out of the week than have to count every calorie every day. But saying that, even on my fast days I've never gone to bed feeling hungry .
I tried 5:2 last year and it did work. But I was always hungry on fast days and so it made me grumpy. lol.

What do you eat on a fast day to keep you full?
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by berniegroves View Post
I tried 5:2 last year and it did work. But I was always hungry on fast days and so it made me grumpy. lol.

What do you eat on a fast day to keep you full?
I'm abit obsessed with courghetti at the moment and I have that with either grilled chicken or a hot smoked salmon fillet from Tesco.
I also like to get one of the Tesco pre packed salad bowls (22cals) and I add prawns mixed with a table spoon of light seafood sauce so it's like a large prawn cocktail .
I have laughing cow light cheese triangles for snacks, bananas and drink tons of water .
I always have my morning cup of coffee too as that's pretty much my breakfast 🙄
Oh and I always save enough calories for a cup of tea at bedtime with dh 👍🏻 You'd be surprised how much liquid can make you feel full

Edited at 08:34 PM.
Old 2 Jul 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
I agree - if I ate what my fitbit and MyFitnessPal told me I could, I'd be about five stone heavier by now!

I take their estimated calorie burns with a pinch of salt. I also use a heart rate monitor when I am exercising to make sure I don't over-estimate what I am burning off.
I have worked this out

as a bloke of 6ft 3" and 17 stone, it knows i need about 2000 to survive ( basal metabolic rate )

so when my fitbit says i have burnt 3000 cals, 2000 of them are my BMR

so that looks about right
Old 2 Jul 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
I hit a plateau with calorie counting so tried the 5:2 this week and bam lost 3lb! I am now at my target weight I wanted to get to, but anything else on top will be s massive bonus. Just done a fast today... let's just say I'm looking forward to my breakfast 😂😂
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List