Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jun 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

Mobile Fitbit or simular any good

Wanting to get fit and i heard abiut these fitbits are they any good or are there any others
Amy1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I love my Fitbit. I think it's great, and it definitely makes me want to move more and exercise so yes I would consider it a worthy investment!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

I'm the same ... Love it !
I'm at weight watchers and it sync to the app meaning I can track the fit points I earn as well.

Mind it gets addictive, I'm a bit OCD so I always have to round to the nearest whole number before bed lol

Lisa
Old 25 Jun 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I love my Fitbit too...I have charge HR and it really does make you move more, I have t been as active as I am now in years and I get sulky if I don't reach my daily go which is rare cos now at 45 I've developed a competitive streak lol, we have weekly and weekend challenges with other people which I love, quite a few of my Fitbit friends are fellow dibbers
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

I have a Fitbit Zip - the cheapest one that just fits to a waist band.
Yesterday on approaching home I was on 6.9 miles, so I walked past my house and back so it would clock to 7 miles. Today, we were on 5.5 miles, so I made my friend walk a bit further with me and then back to the car, but it was on 5.98 so we had to lap the car.
Then I was joking with another friend. She likes to do 10x10 (10,000 steps by 10am). That's too early for me, so I said I like to do 12x12. Our walk was slower and I saw I was at 12,904 at 3 minutes to 1, so I jumped up and down so I could post her a photo of my 13x13.

I'm in the challenges. I am at the bottom for the week, but can be threatening the top place at the weekend.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

You don't actually need a fitbit if you keep your phone on you as the app on there will count your steps (my husband and some friends do it this way). Obviously it won't count as many as you will not always have your phone on you. I log my food on my app and knowing I have to log a beer or a mini magnum will make me rethink if I really want it.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by justacey View Post
I have a Fitbit Zip - the cheapest one that just fits to a waist band.
Yesterday on approaching home I was on 6.9 miles, so I walked past my house and back so it would clock to 7 miles. Today, we were on 5.5 miles, so I made my friend walk a bit further with me and then back to the car, but it was on 5.98 so we had to lap the car.
Then I was joking with another friend. She likes to do 10x10 (10,000 steps by 10am). That's too early for me, so I said I like to do 12x12. Our walk was slower and I saw I was at 12,904 at 3 minutes to 1, so I jumped up and down so I could post her a photo of my 13x13.

I'm in the challenges. I am at the bottom for the week, but can be threatening the top place at the weekend.
You're well ahead of me 😂😂 I'm the opposite I do better at weekday challenge but lucky to hit my target at weekend... I do more steps when I'm not working than when at work
Sam x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Love my fitbit charge2. I like being able to see heart rate and steps and it's the best alarm clock ever. Just vibrates on your wrist. A much gentler way of being woken up. I use it on runs (not that I am running regularly enough ) No need to take my phone it shows distance and time and then when I sync to phone once back it shows route and average pace etc.
Really love it but there is a but!
The strap started to bulge where it joins the unit and this gradually got worse. It was basically coming away. Took it back and Argos swopped it this weekend no problems. The lady said she had seen others come back for the same reason. quick google and you will see this is a common issue. However, I love mine so much I would still recommend it but also say just buy it somewhere local that you can easily return to if needs be rather than online. Mine is 6 months old and my daughters both got one at the same time and their's are fine but they haven't used it as much for excercise so maybe sweat is the factor? It is designed for that though so no excuse.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Floridasun View Post
Love my fitbit charge2. I like being able to see heart rate and steps and it's the best alarm clock ever. Just vibrates on your wrist. A much gentler way of being woken up. I use it on runs (not that I am running regularly enough ) No need to take my phone it shows distance and time and then when I sync to phone once back it shows route and average pace etc.
Really love it but there is a but!
The strap started to bulge where it joins the unit and this gradually got worse. It was basically coming away. Took it back and Argos swopped it this weekend no problems. The lady said she had seen others come back for the same reason. quick google and you will see this is a common issue. However, I love mine so much I would still recommend it but also say just buy it somewhere local that you can easily return to if needs be rather than online. Mine is 6 months old and my daughters both got one at the same time and their's are fine but they haven't used it as much for excercise so maybe sweat is the factor? It is designed for that though so no excuse.
I think the straps for them arnt the best I agree, and the silicone straps make your wrist sweaty, I got mine end of last year and got on offer with a free strap in a different colour so I have a backup one, but for best I got a leather Fitbit strap, not cheap but they breath better and your wrist doesn't sweat 😳
Old 25 Jun 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post

My wife got me the fitbit charge2 for my birthday a few weeks ago

i thought " what a random gift " ( though i am very hard to buy for )

but its great, its good to see how far i have walked in my day, best day is 12.62 miles
first week i did 58.36 miles, 2nd week i did 62.78 miles, starting my 3rd week today

then last week i started to play with entering my food

i do question the calories i have burnt of though, for example, i have walked a total of 6.08 miles today ( always walk less on the weekend ) and i have burnt of 3809 cals, i somehow do not think thats right, as walking for 1 hour at a leisurely pace burns of aprox 170 cals, it just doesnt add up
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List