Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jun 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Couple of friends have them and love them - and when their cars needed replaced, got 500s again!

If you're looking for something cheap to run, I've got a Peugeot 107, my car tax is £20/year, and I fill it up maybe once every 6 weeks, as all I use it for is short hops to and from work.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
My daughter has one - she loves it. It's nice to drive and has decent seat and boot space. I would happily have one myself.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all 😊

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
KellyWellyWoo
Imagineer

KellyWellyWoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

My friend had 3 from new and they all had to go back due to various issues- she now has a different car! I've had a KA and they're a nice little car along with the newer clios. I now drive a Kia Rio though (I have the too spec which has loads of cool features)- 7 year warranty and drives like a dream.
KellyWellyWoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

I've got a fiat 500 sport & love it. Never had anything wrong with it (touch wood) and it's very economical & cheap to run. Also a very trendy car to have! 😎

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

They look great but for the price I just don't think they're worth it .
I also do small journeys and have had my eye on the Ds3's . They look great but I'm yet to test drive one yet
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

DS had one as a hire car this weekend to drive from Bournemouth to Chelmsford. He hated it especially on the motorway and decided to turn it in a day early at Chelmsford without actually driving it back to Bournemouth

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have an Abarth 500 and I love it!

Favourite car I have ever owned. I'm on my 2nd Abarth 500 as I regretted selling the1st so much that I got another!

Mime is the upgraded essesse abarth and although it has about 175bhp in a small car I still get a very steady real life 35mpg out of it (more on motorways)

It's a ton of fun to drive, and nips about like a terrier.

Boot space is reasonable for a car of this size. In the front - I am a lanky 6ft 1 andI have no issues getting in and out and driving position is very comfortable.

Rear seats are very small and I'll likely need to get a larger car soon as my girls are growing at a pace!

I'd recommend an Abarth to anyone that doesn't need lots of rear seat room or a large boot.

Mine has done 60k miles and aside from servicing and tyres in that time it has needed a new radiator and the rear wiper electrical issue (though my local mechanic fixed it for £40)

I wouldn't use Fiat for servicing. There's nothing overly complicated so as soon as the warranty runs out just take it to any mechant that you trust.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nic1982
Getting Excited

Mobile

I had a convertible one for about 5 years from new up until I sold it last year. I really loved it, never had any problems with it, cheap to run and easy to park in a lot of spaces other cars couldn't get into. Very nice in the sunshine too!
Nic1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

35mpg! I hate it if my car does less than 50mpg. I always reset the counter and fill to full so work it out every time.
My Aygo I had previously did 45 and that was just a 10 minute trip twice a day in busy traffic.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List