Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jun 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

SQuid card - anyone's kids have them?

DD's new school operate a payment system for lunches, trips and other stuff through the Squid card system.

I've set the account up, topped it up to cover her lunches for the two induction days she has in a couple of weeks, no trouble with that.

However there are a few things we need to purchase through the Squid portal such as Calculator, Locker Hire, Recipe book, book covers and house badge. I can find the list of things, select them, but when i hit the pay button it gives me a message that there is 'no purse available '

I guess I've missed a section of the setup process, but i can't see anywhere that i can set up a separate purse for non catering purchases.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We use the squid card, but at ds's school it is simply for the canteen. I know that in order to set up the auto-top up feature you need to actually make a payment first, then you can store the card details and select auto top up. Could it be something similar to this is needed before it lets you purchase things online?
Another thing it may be is that as your daughter hasn't officially started yet, she may not be linked to the school. I know with ds we could purchase stationary items through the school sims system, but not until after September. Before this date I had to order everything through the school office and pay by cheque.

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My kids school uses squid for lunches and to pay for school trips, it's rubbish! The school have had nothing but problems with the pre ordering of food, so now they only use it for paying for the food rather than ordering. We have a separate purse for paying for lunches and paying for trips. Can you contact the school or customer services? I can't help too much as the purses were already set up when we started using them.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Not heard of this but my youngests school uses parentpay which I find easy enough to use but school are constantly sending out texts reminding parents they are in debt and to make payments... I'm never in debt and it annoys me sometimes I get these messages pinging up on my phone all the time, don't recall getting letters or messages anywhere near as much whe people sent money in a little brown envelope 😕
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We use it at our school, I administer it.

You do need two purses set up, a trips and offer purse and a catering purse.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Not heard of this but my youngests school uses parentpay which I find easy enough to use but school are constantly sending out texts reminding parents they are in debt and to make payments... I'm never in debt and it annoys me sometimes I get these messages pinging up on my phone all the time, don't recall getting letters or messages anywhere near as much whe people sent money in a little brown envelope 😕
We use parentpay too. Kids use fingerprint to pay in canteen. We can check online what they have bought.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
We use parentpay too. Kids use fingerprint to pay in canteen. We can check online what they have bought.
Lilly only at junior school and only has dinners on Friday ... well it is fish and chips lol but they do the fingerprint and patent pay when she gets to comp. most of my payments are for trips and after school activities at minute
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We use it at our school, I administer it.

You do need two purses set up, a trips and offer purse and a catering purse.
Thanks, any idea how i set up the second purse?
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Lilly only at junior school and only has dinners on Friday ... well it is fish and chips lol but they do the fingerprint and patent pay when she gets to comp. most of my payments are for trips and after school activities at minute
Very handy for spying. No more spending lunch money on muffins and kit Kats
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Very handy for spying. No more spending lunch money on muffins and kit Kats
Yep when they've said they had a ham salad roll lol