Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jun 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Joellybum
Apprentice Imagineer

I totally empathise with you as I have been in a similar situation, as have my parents. I got a lot of support from the police as the couple next door were very violent and there were also child protection issues (I worked in CPU at the time but for a neighbouring council so also had lots of help there). My mum & dad's problems started when the old lady next door passed away and a woman and her 3 daughters bought the house. My folks had lived in that house for 40 years and what was once a wonderful family home became a prison for them. They did eventually sell, but that had always been the plan anyway to move closer to me. They contacted the police, council etc and didn't really get anywhere until my mum went to the council offices and basically just broke her heart crying. Once they saw how it was affecting her they actually did something about it. They fitted sound monitors and the woman was threatened with court action. And just to reassure you, unless the law has changed in the last couple of years and I am not aware of it, you do not have to declare the issues with your neighbour if you sell your house as it is a personal matter. You only have to declare if it is a dispute over land, boundaries etc xx like others have said, don't give up - keep records of everything, record as much of the noise as you can and keep on at the council xxx good luck xxx

Edited at 09:38 AM.
Joellybum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Your local councillor should hold a monthly surgery in your area. I would go along and take all the evidence you have logged and show him just how it is affecting your health and mental wellbeing and tell him that you are at the end of your tether. The ball is in his court then to get the police further involved and help you. No one should have to put up with this in their own home xx
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
missybpink
Very Serious Dibber

I have been in this situation even went to court,restraining order & emergency gps phone given by the police it is not a nice situation to be in but they WILL slip up at some point im a bit angry at your husband TBH you are a couple and are supposed to support each other having a go at you and skulking in his room because you got abuse from the neighbour is not supportive he has obviously been effected himself so should be a hell of a lot more help than that i am sending you massive hugs and hope they mess up soon and show their true lights xxx
2018 ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE
missybpink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

Originally Posted by missybpink View Post
I have been in this situation even went to court,restraining order & emergency gps phone given by the police it is not a nice situation to be in but they WILL slip up at some point im a bit angry at your husband TBH you are a couple and are supposed to support each other having a go at you and skulking in his room because you got abuse from the neighbour is not supportive he has obviously been effected himself so should be a hell of a lot more help than that i am sending you massive hugs and hope they mess up soon and show their true lights xxx
Thank you, everyone is so good on here and I feel better already with th encouraging comments and advice. It helps to look at a less emotional picture of it too.
DH is great generally and he does all the phone calls and deals with people face to face and does the talking. I'm not making any excuses for him but I know I am hard to cope with and get very emotional and erratic. He had been at work since 7am and works in a prison and it's a crap place to be at the minute. For him his days are either stressful and damned hard at work or we have the ongoing issues at home.
I've found out the date of the surgery one of our councillors holds and it is supposed to be with the police so I will check if that I see still ongoing each month.
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Your local councillor should hold a monthly surgery in your area. I would go along and take all the evidence you have logged and show him just how it is affecting your health and mental wellbeing and tell him that you are at the end of your tether. The ball is in his court then to get the police further involved and help you. No one should have to put up with this in their own home xx
Thank you I'm going to do this as I think it's called a PACT which is police and community together meeting. I will check they still do it as the website is quite old.
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

It happened to us too , we didn't make an official complaint as we were worried about selling it on and having to declare it . We sold our house for a few grand less than we had offers for . I couldn't bring myself to sell it to someone who didn't know the situation , drugs addicts that broke into our house too , we ended up selling to my neighbour the other side who offered us less . The money became irrelevant in the end , our sanity and happiness was worth more . Hope you get sorted .