Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 Jun 17, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Wink those staying in villas...how many breakfast/meals out and in?!

we are staying for 2wk in a villa...trying to keep costs down as we are a party of 6 with despite having 4 children, Disney being Disney see them as adults so everything costs a fortune!

saying that, we don't plan on scrimping...so ive just posted my 2nd attempt at an itinary and it got me thinking about how many breakfasts and evenings people use the villa to eat.

for us, we have pretty much say 3/5th of the time eating breakfast in and a bbq one night as well as 2 nights where we plan on getting takeout or bringing something en route home to eat...

no idea what to get for breakfast, back in my day (pre-kids) I ate soft batch cookies and tea for brekkie lol cant be doing that with the kids... bad mum and all that!
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Pudders
Apprentice Imagineer

Our little one always had coca pops or toast & fruit. Grab some Bagels from walmart too.
Old 28 Jun 17, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

We are not staying in a villa this time but we did when the kids were small.
We had breakfast in the villa every morning. Mostly cereal and fruit. We always packed to take out with us frozen water, frozen juice pouches, fruit, crisps and some cookies. We only ever had one meal out a day either lunch or dinner.(mostly dinner) We usually had our snack bag for lunch and maybe bought a couple of burgers or fries to share. On the nights we had BBQ's at the villa, then we had lunch out, again maybe 2 between the 4 of us, it is plenty with some snacks you take with you. Loads of frozen water or frozen juice boxes. It's the drinks that most of your money goes on.
Old 28 Jun 17, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Hypothetical for me but if I were in a villa I would have most breakfasts in it other than say one character meal a week and I think California Grill Brunch will always be on my list.

Probably would only eat in villa in evening if it was a rest day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
LaughingPlace
slightly serious Dibber

LaughingPlace's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

We eat in through the day, then out every night for a meal, with the exception of 1 BBQ night.
LaughingPlace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

we tend to eat at least one main meal in the villa per day... usually breakfast, but we do go out sometimes, so other days we might get some nice steaks in or something for the evening, so we then go out for an AYCE breakfast buffet or something instead, so all we need in between is a small snack somewhere...
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We generally have breakfast in the villa. Depends what we're doing as to whether we eat in or out during the evening. Last year, we probably had 75% of our evening meals at the villa - either take out or something quick in the oven. The kids are just as happy having hot dogs and tater tots around the pool than going out.
Old 28 Jun 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I love having breakfast in the room (condo in our case) I get bagels and some of the lovely flavoured cream cheese for myself and cereals for my grandson, toast for hubby. We then have snacks during the day and one main meal it turned out last time that my grandson liked eating in the condo as he was often too tired to go out at night so it was relaxing. Not sure what we will do this year but possibly similar so a small bit of eating out.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
EllenClaire
Imagineer

EllenClaire's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
we have just had a 2 week stay in a villa and we aimed for breakfast in the villa most mornings either cereal or toast but if we fancied going out 1 day and had the time we did (i think we had breakfast out about 3 times in the 2 weeks) and we always said we would eat out for tea but i think we prob grabbed something on the way in maybe half the time as we were tired but thats the luxury of a villa you can pick and choose each day
Sheraton World Resort 2004,International Spa & Plaza 2006,The Fountains 2007,The Lighthouse Key Resort 2008,Clarion Inn & Suites 2010,Sunset Lakes Dibb Villa Sept 2012, Liki Tiki Village May 2015,Encantada Resort May 2016,High Grove Resort Dibb Villa May 2017,Encantada Resort May 2018,Encantada Resort May 2019, Encantada Resort May 2020
EllenClaire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Syjen
Very Serious Dibber

For us, it's breakfast mainly in the villa. We stock up at Walmart with treats,everyone gets their favourite cereal (Fruit Loops for me )... waffles, bacon, eggs and corn dogs (DD's holiday treat! ). Good breakfast keeps us going throughout the day with just a snack to top us up, then usually an evening meal out. In a 2 week stay we normally do 2 characters breakfasts and 1 character dinner
Syjen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List