Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 26 May 15, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Update - may, 2015

Sincerest apologies for the lack of communication and updates to my planning journal since now and Christmas. It has been very exciting times for me and Neil as we have bought our beautiful first house and have now been living here for two months.

After having lived with the in-laws for 14 months , we are absolutely loving having our own space again! What a year!

After having told myself, 'house first, then wedding' for the past year, I haven't been able to truly let loose on wedding planning but now we've got the house, all bets are off!

Reminders:

Our date: Saturday 5th November, 2016

Our ceremony venue: Bertie's at La Cachette, Elland

Our reception venue: The Fleece Inn, Ripponden

Our photographer: Happily Ever Captured, Halifax

I have picked my bridesmaids but plan to add one more to the mix next month. My MOH is my sister, Katie. My other bridesmaids are my best friend, Olly, my oldest friend from school, Michelle and my god-daughter, Megan. I plan to ask my best friend from University, Kathryn, when she visits next month.

I showed you my cake plans last time but I now plan to have just the top tier with the Beauty and the Beast inspired rose and then Parkin cupcakes With it being bonfire night, you can't not have Parkin! It's Yorkshire law!

I have also been super super sneaky and done some dress trying on SO MUCH FUN!

I went to the Staite Room at Lindley, Huddersfield and tried on these dresses:

This was Mori Lee by Madeline Gardner 51024 in light gold and I loved it.

I also adored this one - so very princessy. I also nicked the belt off this one to put on the first one and that combination made Mum cry.

I know everyone always says that the dress that makes your Mum cry is the one that you should get but I've also been to a place called 'To Have and to Hold' in Mirfield and I may have found THE ONE.

This picture does not do this dress justice because the one I want and tried on was in gold I absolutely adored it and did not want to take it off.

I am going back to that shop and then another shop on the 4th July which is my official dress trying on day when all my girls are coming with me. Very very excited.

I have a short list for my florists so that is the next job over the summer. I've also ordered some of these:

for my wedding shoes which came today.

I've also ordered some wedding stationary from Pocketfold Invitations as there was a sale on.

Anyway, that's where I'm at so far. I'll update again once we've been dress shopping.

Edited at 05:02 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 15, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Really enjoying your plans
Everything is coming together lovely xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 15, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
nicki2014
slightly serious Dibber

I got my dress from westgate bridal in Halifax, it was a Disney Alfred angelo one, the belle one isn't white I cant remember if its gold/ champagne or more of a yellow colour but it may fit your theme I had Cinderella and my dress was ice blue it was amazing I didn't suit white as I'm so pale

COMPLETE-DLP 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, DLR, CA- 2007, WDW- offsite 2008, offsite 2009, SSR 2010, SSR 2012, SSR/ GF/ HRH 2014, SSR 2015, MA/ NYC/ NJ- 2015
nicki2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 15, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Just caught up,with your whole report and am loving it so far, I do feel for you with your dilemma over guests , I would go with your instinct ,can't wait to read more !
Old 8 Jun 15, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by nicki2014 View Post
I got my dress from westgate bridal in Halifax, it was a Disney Alfred angelo one, the belle one isn't white I cant remember if its gold/ champagne or more of a yellow colour but it may fit your theme I had Cinderella and my dress was ice blue it was amazing I didn't suit white as I'm so pale
Hehe I'm going to Westgate Bridal on the 4th July. Although as you may know it's not in the centre of Halifax anymore, it's just outside in West Vale which happens to be just down the road from me 😁 but I am going, predictably, to try on the Disney dresses. I've always loved the Belle dresses so they are def on the list!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 15, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Wedding dress shopping update!

Quite a lot of updates on the wedding front over the past month. I have now finished teaching so have a lot more time to plan wedding related things!

Before I get on to posting exciting pictures, I have also secured my fifth bridesmaid, Kathryn. I was really thrilled that I asked her. She was really touched and she is so excited (she's never been a bridesmaid before) so it really does mean a lot to her. Kathryn is my best friend from University and I really like that now I have a bridesmaid from all walks of my life. Sister, Goddaughter, best friend from home, best friend from school and best friend from University.

I have also booked my florist!

Bev is amazing and her price was just fantastic so I was absolutely thrilled.

In my bridal bouquet, I'm having cream roses, gold berries and curled willow bark This was my inspiration picture:

The bridesmaids are having plain cream rose posy bouquets, the button holes are also cream roses with a bit of baby's breath and the little ones are having gold star wands with a single cream rose attached.

Now the fun stuff... I WENT DRESS SHOPPING!

I took my Mum, sister, best friend Olly, and my Grandma. One of my other bridesmaids, Michelle was meant to come up, but she hasn't been very well recently so wasn't able to make it Her, Kathryn and Megan were kept up to date via Whatsapp though!

Before anyone flips out... there is about as much chance as me flying to the moon (and I am freaked out by space) as Neil coming on here to snoop for pictures of me in a wedding dress so panic not! I don't even think he knows I have a planning journal That's not to mention that none of these are 'the' dress.

I went to two shops. Westgate Bridal Studio in West Vale, Halifax and To Have and to Hold in Mirfield. Now before I mention my findings, I have to say that the ladies in both shops were absolutely wonderful.

First shop, there were two dresses I really liked but I knew that neither were the one. I was quite disappointed by the fact that they didn't have many of the Disney dresses in stock. I did like Rapunzel though...

There was another dress in here which was beautiful and an absolute bargain at £450 but not the dress.

Second shop, I had been quite excited to go to as I had been on my own and spied a dress that I thought could be the one. It was everything I wanted in terms of colour, style and detailing. I tried on a few other dresses first...

This one was one that I had tried on previously, and I think I liked it more this time. But there is just something missing from this dress... I don't know what.

This dress was absolutely everything I thought that I didn't want. But when I look back at the pictures, I like myself in this dress more than any of the others. It looks nicer on me and it's very flattering. But I want some princess skirt, dammit!

This last dress was the one that I had spied previously and I was really really giddy to try it on again. I felt all excited and happy when I put it on (you can probably tell by the look on my face) but I don't know what it was... my Mum didn't have the reaction I wanted. If she had walked into the room and said, 'Yes, that's it,' I probably would have bought it. But she didn't. They liked it a lot more when I walked into the light, because before, it looked a bit dark. I tried it on with a glittery veil and I just felt a million dollars. By the end, they all loved it, but since I've come home and looked at the pictures, I don't really like the way I look in it. The cut isn't as flattering as some of the other dresses and I want to look amazing. So it's back to the drawing board.

I love most of the things about this last dress (colour, sparkles, skirt etc) but I think I just need to try on more and find exactly what I want. I need to find a dress that I love looking at myself in

Mum has since said 'Do you think navy blue bridesmaids dresses would look okay with a champagne wedding dress?' READ: I/Grandma want you to get married in ivory.

The reason I want to get married in champagne gold is because I think it's really different and it suits my hair colour. I'll have to wait and see what I find though... Over and out.

Edited at 05:16 PM.
Old 7 Jul 15, 02:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

I love your planning journal! You will know when it's the right dress, keep looking
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 15, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Oh beautiful photos! I think they all look lovely but the last one really is special! How are you feeling about it now? Did you try on the Mori Lee again that you mentioned in your previous update? That is such a beautiful dress, it's going on my list to try on too haha!

I personally love the champagne look and I think if you love it and want to be different, stick with it! Yes they want to see you in Ivory as it's more traditional but you don't want to regret it on the day! You could always try a dress in ivory and see what you think but I bet you'll go with your gut!

Loving your planning journal, sounds like it's all coming along nicely now! I really need to book a dress appointment haha haven't done anything about it yet! xxxxxxx
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 15, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Hi , I have to say I think I agree with grandma ! Hope you don't mind me saying but I think your hair might pop more in ivory ,with the champagne gold it does blend in . Good luck finding the one .
Old 28 Jul 15, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jesslydevie1 View Post
Hi , I have to say I think I agree with grandma ! Hope you don't mind me saying but I think your hair might pop more in ivory ,with the champagne gold it does blend in . Good luck finding the one .
Of course I don't mind you saying

I think I'll probably end up with a bit of both to be honest. Maybe not quite as dark as the one above. Light gold with ivory tulle (or similar?) I'm all about the compromise!

Had a few more updates on the bridesmaid dress front...

Many of you may remember that last year I had spied this dress:

But unbeknownst to me, so did one of my best friends who is getting married this October. So I sacrificed the dress At least I get to wear it - I am a bridesmaid

I've been looking all over the internet for lovely dresses in navy blue for my girls. Found a few that are definite contenders:

Debenhams

Coast

And then one from the new season of Monsoon that I spied the other day at White Rose Centre and unfortunately... fell in love with

I told the girls how much I loved this last one and some of them have proper got into the spirit and have tried it on

Other updates:

I've made some more dress appointments:

11.30am at Ava Rose in Silsden on the 29th August.

10am at Abigail's Bridal Boutique in Leeds and 2.30pm at Confetti and Lace in Pudsey on the 19th September.

I know I am pretty early in getting everything sorted. But Olly gets married next December and she's going to need October half term and Christmas holiday time to sort her dress and bridesmaids dresses out so I thought I'd get sorted early to leave her some room. I am very considerate really.

I've also been in touch with Walt Disney World regarding photo sessions and the like because I didn't really know how much to budget. They have quoted me $450 for a Premium Portrait session at the GF, which includes transport to and from the resort, an album and an archival disc, so I thought that was quite good actually. Plus, I wouldn't have the worry that I would be turfed off Disney property for wearing my wedding dress.

I've asked how far in advance we would need to book etc.

I can't remember if I also shared that our best friends (Neil's best man and his fiancee Olly - yes, my bridesmaid) are coming to the Disney/Universal bit of our honeymoon. Which is awesome.

We have cleared it for half term holidays in May 2017. Neil and I are going to New York for four nights before flying down to Orlando, and then 3 nights at the Royal Pacific, before moving to Coronado Springs with Deluxe Dining

My itinerary is done but changes daily. You know how it is. That's mainly due to the new restaurants that are opening at DTD.

Over and out.

Edited at 05:19 PM.