Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 7 Aug 16, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Disney for the Larger Person

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was...

I am a larger sized person and was wondering what weight/size is the limit for all the rides and also the water rides. I am around a size20/22
Please feel free to carry on...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Shimmigirl
slightly serious Dibber

I am a size 20 / 22, I have been 3 times before but usually at 18 / 20 and never had any problems, just didn't start the diet early enough this year 😅 I took my class to Chessington at the beginning of June prior to losing the stone I have just lost, and managed to get on everything there, - Vampire needed a tighten from the ride assistants but I was in a regular seat.

Will I be ok, I haven't worried before, but haven't done universal in ages and also now Ds is tall enough for all of the Disney rides I will be doing RnR, space mountain, Everest as we can go on as a family.
Shimmigirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Last time I wwnt to Florida, I was size 12-14

This time Im a 20

Not looking forward to being so self conscious and worried that Im not gonna fit in most things
Even though Ive read I will, im still worried !
Old 8 Aug 16, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
temo_gemo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by LoveLeaBee View Post
Last time I wwnt to Florida, I was size 12-14

This time Im a 20

Not looking forward to being so self conscious and worried that Im not gonna fit in most things
Even though Ive read I will, im still worried !
Don't worry you are not alone, I am in the same boat

September 2009, October 2011, October 2012,
January 2015, September 2016
August 2019
temo_gemo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LeaPinkSnowball
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Originally Posted by Shimmigirl View Post
I am a size 20 / 22, I have been 3 times before but usually at 18 / 20 and never had any problems, just didn't start the diet early enough this year 😅 I took my class to Chessington at the beginning of June prior to losing the stone I have just lost, and managed to get on everything there, - Vampire needed a tighten from the ride assistants but I was in a regular seat.

Will I be ok, I haven't worried before, but haven't done universal in ages and also now Ds is tall enough for all of the Disney rides I will be doing RnR, space mountain, Everest as we can go on as a family.
ive lost nearly 7 stone and still around a 20/22 and havent even attempted to get on anything in the UK ever ! so very pleased to hear i might stand a chance !

im thinking that i should be ok on most things at disney, im more worried about the flight going over
LeaPinkSnowball is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 16, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lesley_Perschky
Imagineer

Lesley_Perschky's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are flying with BA this time and they are a bit more generous with the seat width.

DH John meeting Alice at the Grand Floridian Character Brekfast 2007.
Lesley_Perschky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 16, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post

thats good to hear
We are traveling with BA too
Old 16 Aug 16, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jdmd2004
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I am soooo scared about this and gutted about my weight now ive put on a bit since last time and even last time i felt it snug.. Im 6ft and a 42inch waist so im crossing everything ill be ok
jdmd2004 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

Im a size 20/22/24 depending on where I shop and have been this size each and every visit.

I ve flown Virgin and Thomas Cook, both were fine and I managed to get on all the rides. The only ones I felt a bit squished in was the gringotts and seven dwarves mine train but otherwise no problems at all.

Go have fun! Oh and if for any reason you don't fit (but you will) cast members are very discreet so please just enjoy yourself.

DLP 2002 & 2010
WDW 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2022, 2023 (solo trip) & 2024
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
temo_gemo
Excited about Disney

I'm a size 18/20 - now I have no worries with Disney. Just more concerned with the rides at Seaworld and Busch Gardens! Any advice?

September 2009, October 2011, October 2012,
January 2015, September 2016
August 2019
temo_gemo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List