Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 31 Dec 16, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
FoxRed
Having Dinner with Goofy

The Adventures of Dani-Johnboy - The Wedding

I'm so excited that in just a few short hours, I can finally say that I'm getting married next year!
I still have over 500 days to go but after my countdown starting out at over 1000 days, it's moving fast and becoming real!

John and I have officially booked Paradise Cove on 11th July 2018 with Helen at Elegant Weddings of Orlando.

We are due to be married at 5pm and have the venue to ourselves until 11pm. There are around 40 people travelling to Florida to celebrate it with us so we could justify a reception.
Helen has taken care of everything, from the flowers, cake and photographer to the caterers and DJ. This just makes my life easier. Helen is amazing!

I have also booked out the bridal house to get ready in with my bridesmaids. We can use it from 12pm onwards which is fantastic as the air con will keep us cool and our hair frizz free (hopefully) until the ceremony and pictures.

Some might say we are taking a risk but we've decided to stay with my parents, John's parents, his brothers and Grandparents in the one big villa. The villa we've booked is HUGE! We all get along brilliantly but it's good to know that each couple has their own room and bathroom and place to escape to, if staying with family becomes a bit "too much" at times.
We booked our villa direct with the owners and they have been superb to work with so far.
Just look at it - it's so pretty!

It's a bit pricey but we are splitting the cost between 16 people and you only get married once so... why not!

So at the moment, we've planned pretty much what we can until our flights begin to be released. Thomas Cook prices came out a couple of days ago, and Virgin has released flydrive figures (although they are super expensive at the moment imo). John and I are looking at going into the travel agents etc in the new year to see if they can offer us a good deal as there will be 40 people behind us looking to book the same dates!

I'm going to try to post more and more and do a live trippy when we are over there so that I have these posts to look back on in the future.

Hopefully some of you will want to follow along.
So excited!

Intl Drive 1995 : Kissimmee 1998 : Highland Reserve 2014 :
Hampton Lakes 2015 : Polo Park 2016: Formosa Gardens 2018
FoxRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Paradise Cove looks so pretty... and wow, that is some villa! Sounds like an amazing wedding you have planned
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
beanbunny
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely plans so far - and omg that villa looks amazing!
Old 4 Jan 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Looks gorgeous all of it and wow that villa is amazing !
Old 1 Feb 17, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

We got married at Paradise Cove in 2009 and it was absolutely amazing and magical. Such a beautiful location, we also went through Elegant Weddings and Helen was fab. The ceremony was such good fun and full of happiness!
We stocked the Tiki Bar for after the reception and it was great for all the guests, young and old. The kids played on the beach without a care in the world.
We had 2 villas close together in Formosa Gardens. I too stayed with my parents/family and it was great. The morning of the wedding was so chilled. We all went for a character breakfast in Grand Floridian then relaxed by the pool. We had a party in one of the villas that went on into the small hours. We drove down to Miami for a 2 day honeymoon, leaving our little boy (5 at the time) to be spoilt by the grandparents.

Cant recommend it enough.

x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations!

Can I ask where the villa is? It looks amazing and perfect for a few families

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
FoxRed
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Thank you everyone for your lovely replies!
So glad to hear that you had such a special day Rimbo. Hoping ours will be just as magical.
Vanillapod - the villa is called St George's Manor, its in formosa gardens. 😊

FoxRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
FoxRed
Having Dinner with Goofy

Flights and car hire are booked!

Went to Virgin direct today in East Kilbride to look at booking our fly-drive.

Direct Flights GLA - MCO
7/7/18 - 21/7/18
8 adults
3 x Chevrolet Tahoe (or equivalent)
Gold Insurance Package

£1300 per person

Happy with that!

I know we could have waited until August to check direct flights and do car hire separately but we wanted to be able to pay it up!

Woop Woop!

Old 24 Apr 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire@Hull
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

How exciting!
Were getting married over there in April 2019 so have all this to come.
Im hoping to get a villa (or two) for my family too, but there will be 25 of us. Yours looks AMAZING!
Looking forward to hearing all about your plans as the date gets nearer! X
Old 24 May 17, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
FoxRed
Having Dinner with Goofy

Bridesmaids sorted!

I have 4 bridesmaids who have all agreed to fly to Florida for my wedding!

It's been really tricky trying to find a dress that suits everyone especially as I decided that I wanted a pastel themed wedding and all the bridesmaids to be in different colours!
Before we even looked at dresses I had to check the colour swatches available to make sure that I could find 4 perfect colours that went well together.

This is kind of what i was aiming for:

Good old pinterest

My bridesmaids are:

Frances (blue) (You may recognise her from my 2015 trippy) Katherine (lilac) Ashleigh (sister, chief bridesmaid, pink) and Fiona/Fee (green)

We managed to find a lovely dress which was on sale that A: was long like everyone wanted and B: had a v-neck neckline that suited everyone's shape and finally C: was chiffon so would be cool in the Florida heat.

Here it is below:

Here is also a pic of the colours that i ordered. It's just a small swatch and the picture isn't the greatest but hey ho:

Now just to find shoes...