Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 5 Oct 19, 05:45 AM  
Link to this Post
bvh13
A Guest at All-Stars

Is there anywhere cheaper than going direct when buying WDW tickets?

For the last month or two I've been looking for 2 week Ultimate tickets for this year, and going through all of the other reseller websites (like the ones listed at the top) and others I can find, all of them are more expensive than going direct to Disney at like disneyholidays.co.uk.

For instance, Disneyholidays.co.uk has a 2 week Ultimate ticket for £395. I can even get 2% cashback from TopCashback or I can get 1 mile / £1 on Shops Away.

Whereas on ATD, Florida Escapes it's £405. On Orlando Attraction Tickets it's £407. On Orlando Attractions it's £407.20. On FloridaTix it's £419. On Attractiontix it's £427. etc etc

I know it sounds stupid to expect these companies to undercut Disney direct, but I suppose I was thinking that they would be buying them in bulk and so would be able to price themselves much more competitively. The way it looks to me, it would be stupid to buy from anyone other than Disney directly?

Am I wrong, or am I missing something?

Also, does anyone know how long it takes for tickets direct from Disney to arrive?
bvh13 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It seems strange but, yes, nowadays Disney tends to be one of the best places to get Disney tickets. There may be other, slightly cheaper places to get them and I’m sure someone like lyn1 will come along and point out anywhere cheaper.

As for you last point, Disney doesn’t send out the physical tickets. Instead, you get sent a Will Call confirmation email (like a voucher) to your email address. This usually arrives within a day or so of ordering. You can link the reference number on the email to your Disney account to allow you to book fastpasses. You’ll then pick up the physical plastic tickets at the ticket desks or guest services outside the parks.

If you want actual tickets before you go then you’re best buying from one of the other sellers that sells physical tickets.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It seems strange but, yes, nowadays Disney tends to be one of the best places to get Disney tickets. There may be other, slightly cheaper places to get them and I’m sure someone like lyn1 will come along and point out anywhere cheaper.
As far as I can see Disney are about the cheapest at £395, I think they have been for a little while but I could be wrong. The next best that I found was £399 with magicaltickets.co.uk, they don't show the price on their site but that's the price I was given when I phoned.
Old 5 Oct 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Smife
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by bvh13 View Post
Also, does anyone know how long it takes for tickets direct from Disney to arrive?
As above they come pretty quick by email. If you have magic bands on your account there’s no need to actually pick up tickets at all, as the e-tickets are added to your account, so are added to your magic bands.
Smife is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List