Link to this Post

Thumbs up The Cano Clan do Christmas

The Cast

Myself Kay (age 40) chief planner and organiser
DH Keith (age 42) main bread winner and hard working
DD Chloe (age 15) Brain box and in loveeeee
DD Phoebe (age 9) drama queen loves HSM, HM and camp Rock
DDBF (Mark) 1st timer and nervous

Well this has taken over 1 year to get everything together. Myself and my DH sat here the night after Boxing Day last year and we were chatting about how rubbish the TV etc was.

Now don't get me wrong we had had a fab Christmas Day the day before the girls got everything they wanted we had stuffed our faces silly, every year we say the same as DH is self employed and takes 2 weeks off over Christmas and we always say that we will put money away each year to cover this but we never do, we always have enough food and beer all the important things!

Anyway we were watching repeats yet again! and DH said "How do you feel about going away next year for Christmas?" My reply was "I would love to, but there is no way as work would not let me take time off over Christmas" DH says "Well you are giving them 12 months notice and you have been there 8 years I can't see a problem".

So the following Day I went to the travel agents and gave them our dates and price range. Tenerife was coming in at such high prices it was ridiculous and then she asked me if I would travel on Christmas Day and did I fancy going back to Florida? Oh yes I would love it but I thought that it would be impossible and the price would be too high... Well you can guess the rest the price was fantastic and it was booked, nearly 3 hours in the Travel Agents later I had booked a holiday.

I couldn;t wait to get home to tell DH and the DDs what I had done and where we were going to spend next Christmas, they were over the moon, but the eldest seemed to be a bit UUUGh, the reason been? she is in love...

Now a couple of months have gone by and myself and DH have a parent talk and the next day I go to the travel agents ask some questions and come home. I phone eldest DD and ask her and BF to call round as we need to talk to them both. They both sit down and they are looking quite worried by this time. I asked DD how she would feel if BF could come om holiday with us? As you can imagine we were both the best parents in the world. The fact is myself and DH couldn't face 2 weeks of long faces, tears and the cost of phone calls home

We laid down some ground rules and he was chuffed to bits that we had considered and asked him to go.

So now we are a party of 5

$$$ ordered very early on in the year from advice here on the DIBB.

May youngest DD makes her 1st Holy Communion and turns her ££ into $$. I was also 40 in May and turned all my ££ into $$$ so the 2 of us are quite rich compared to the rest of the party!

This site has been my bible for my holiday planning so much so I call it the Florida Disney bible. I have had so much help and support from everybody on here. Shed a few tears at some of the threads even my own but it is one big happy community and we should all be so proud of all the support we give each other.

I have just over 2 weeks before we go but I thought that I would give you an insight into how it all began and hopefully do a trip report upon our return.

May I just say a big thank you and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 08, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Hope you have a magical trip, can't wait to read all about it. We did the BF thing at Easter, we couldn't have had the long face from DD and phone calls either, it worked fine and we all had a brilliant time, hope it works just as well for you.
Old 7 Dec 08, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for that Lynn, good job we are all in the same room, it will be fun when we are all trying to get changed
Old 8 Dec 08, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
budgie6741
Imagineer

Hope you have a great vacation
California 2003/2008/2013
Chatham Park 2004/2005
Creekside 2006/2007/2008/2010/2011/2012/2013
Las Vegas 2009/2010/2013
Seasons 2009
Hawaii 2003/2013
budgie6741 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 08, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Hope your having a great time
Old 15 Dec 08, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Looking forward to hearing all about it. Have a great time.
Old 18 Dec 08, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy+4
Dibbing with Tink

Fairy+4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back, have a great trip xx
Old 18 Dec 08, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

Have a fantastic holiday

A xx
anniee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List